Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : High winds hit Dallas: Our house hit bad.
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/12/2008 11:56:09 AM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post   

Now to fill you in on the layout of apartment it's pretty much one big room. Only 3 areas have doors and those are me and my moms room and the bathroom downatairs. Everything else is very open. Its a huge room with a stair case in the middle that deperates everything. Up the stairs is my moms room and my room and the rest is just the cieling 2 story cielings over the dining room and living room. We have 2 walls which are mostly windows, 10 foot window frames with double paned windows. 3 of them on the firstfloor and 4 on the second. Our rooms have french doors that let light come in from the upstair windows. So when the glass shattered, it went all over. And there would be a likely hood it would break the french doors in our rooms. Luckily it didnt.

The storm that hit early thursday/late wednesday pretty much screwed up our apartment.

I was in my moms room and we heard a loud creak and then the wind howl. I called out to mom and she rolled on top of me and we rolled off the bed. Right when we hit the ground we heard the glass shatter and we ran in the closet where we sat for what seemed like forever.

I thought I was going to die. You could feel the building move.

When we came out there was glass all over. You couldnt walk with out stepping in it. It broke 10 double paned windows in all. The pressure built up and they just shattered. We found pieces of glass in the wall. My new lap top got ruined because of all the water. One block of windows is bent in, where the wind came in the house. Then 2 others are bent out, where it left. They're going to have to remove the whole window frames and replace them, so we don't know whether we're gonna stay in the apartment or move out. It just kinda sucks. We didn't even get power in our house until 5 PM yesterday. The same night Preston, my boyfriend, and I nearly got into a bad car accident because a light was out and this guy nearly barrelled into us.

Thankfully no one was hurt. We were the only apartment in the complex to get as bad as we did, but that's probably because we're on the 3rd and 4th floors and we look over a nature preserve so there was nothing to block the wind at all.

I have never been that frightened in my life...

Diamonte Kate Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2008 1:22:16 PM reply with quote send message to Diamonte Kate Kennels Object to Post

Awww I am sorry, the main thing is thought that no body was hurt. You were very very lucky!
 JoeNJackies
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2008 2:01:54 PM reply with quote send message to JoeNJackies Object to Post

I saw you post this on myspace. Glad you guys are ok, but sorry about the apartment and incredibly scary experience sad :(
 Anansi
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2008 3:39:05 PM reply with quote send message to Anansi Object to Post

Ouch! I'm over in Fort Worth; it wasn't quite as bad here, but the power has been flicking on and off at work, and I saw a full-grown, lovely tree literally uprooted beside the road.
 nicediggiedoggiez
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2008 7:05:20 AM reply with quote send message to nicediggiedoggiez Object to Post

Yowza! Once we had our neighbor's tree fall on our driveway -- it was one inch practically away from our garage door! I was like ZOMG. the tree had been struck by lightning and it cracked in two, causing one side to fall towards us. They cut down the other half, as it was hazardous to anyone who came around. They didn't want their children to get hurt. That was like in 2006, maybe? I dunno.
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2008 3:20:00 PM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

Ya we were verylucky. We called 911 and we're on the 3rd and 4th floors and they said to try and get on the first floor. We jst laughed. Because this entailed walking into the small glass tornado that was circulating in our house.
 PuppyLover93
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2008 5:19:23 PM reply with quote send message to PuppyLover93 Object to Post

So it totally scary??? Will u be my friend???
 itsjustmebre
Basic User

Basic User
5/31/2008 3:24:03 PM reply with quote send message to itsjustmebre Object to Post

Wow, thats scary! My mom used to live in kansas, which gets tons of tornados, lemme tall ya! Is that a knife in the wall? *shivers in fright*

-IJMB

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.