Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Super kennels are allowed?
 Preservation
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/7/2024 1:41:40 PM reply with quote send message to Preservation Object to Post   

I read in the rules that they weren't, but when I looked at Alaskan Malamutes breeder directory, almost all the kennels there share the same prefix under different kennel names and are full of them?
 Night Watch Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 2:21:19 PM reply with quote send message to Night Watch Kennel Object to Post

They are not supposed to be allowed. Let me put it that way. You’ll see that same kennel prefix in lots of different breeds, with many kennels having multiples of one breed, for example Dobermans, Tervs, GSDs, etc. I have some kennels with overlapping breeds, but they share nothing in terms of names, etc, and though I might use a stud I own from another kennel, I am more likely to use an outside stud that I do not own. If someone wants to have the same breed in multiple kennels, I certainly don’t mind, as long as those kennels are kept separate and don’t act to knock other players out or give themselves an unfair advantage as some do.

That being said, there is nothing in the rules against show stacking and stacking has been a problem for years. I just wish people would play ethically, but it seems as though people can’t or won’t do this. I’m just going to play the best game I can, do what’s best for me and mine, and rely on old fashion karma. Eventually, it won’t work for them anymore.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/7/2024 5:39:07 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

People can have multiple kennels in the same breed, but its a fine line before they are super kennels.

Typically, you want to keep breeding and selling between the kennels to a minimum following the caps set in the system.

There are ways around the caps, but generally the system can catch some.

Superkennels aren't the end of the world. It just takes patience and time to overcome them.

Will
 tiamerou
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2024 11:37:42 PM reply with quote send message to tiamerou Object to Post

https://www.showdog.com/general/search.aspx?words=wp

Take a look at the amount of dogs with this pre/suffix in its name... hundreds...

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.