Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Top dog in Cardigans didn’t compete in the World Cup
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/31/2024 7:06:07 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post   

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=18636791

Now this had me confused this morning when I looked at my results! This is the top Cardigan this month and SHOULD have been competing in the World Cup today…except she didn’t! I’m just so confused lol
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 7:07:18 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post

Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 7:56:46 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Do you remember withdrawing her manually from the SDWC or by accident? This has happened to me and the dog hadn't been automatically reentered despite being in the top 15.

If not, can't explain it.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 9:05:17 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Fun glitch!

The glitch is actually that he wasn't suppose to show in the Feb WC. After a dog wins SDWC, they are no longer allowed to show again in the WC.

From the SDWC info page:
Once a dog has won Best in Show at the ShowDog.Com World Cup, it may no longer compete in the show. In other words if a dog wins Best in Show at the World Cup at the age of two months, it won't be allowed to enter again.

Will
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 9:51:45 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

Not a glitch if intentional, but I didn't know about this feature. I don't even think Westminster has this prohibition. Doesn't seem too fair with different judges and competition, but that explains it.
 Lanakila Corgis
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2024 10:42:47 PM reply with quote send message to Lanakila Corgis Object to Post

I was wondering if it had something to do with her winning the World Cup in January lol…but she did compete in February! And nope, I didn’t withdraw her manually (at least I don’t think so!)

So I guess the system caught her this month haha!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing