Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Kennel Club info
 Kitt Coty
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/8/2008 4:33:58 AM reply with quote send message to Kitt Coty Object to Post   

Just a link to KC press release.I understand the first 6 'new. standards are being released today.

www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/2089/23/5/3

Wicken Fen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2008 3:44:40 PM reply with quote send message to Wicken Fen Kennels Object to Post

So after years of trying to persuade breeders (who already pay £70 to register an affix and £20 per year to maintain said affix)the KC has finally found a way to try to force them to join the Accredited Breeders Scheme at a cost of £15 to register and £10 per year to maintain registration.
Call me cynical but what about the KC just refusing to register dogs from unscrupulous breeders? Of course, if they did that they would lose £12 per puppy. How silly of me to expect the KC to introduce something that did not swell their coffers!
 Kitt Coty
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2008 3:55:07 AM reply with quote send message to Kitt Coty Object to Post

Exactly what I thought initially but I know there are pups being sold 'with papers' under newer and obscure kc groups.I would much rather the ABS be tied in with my affix costs.When the ABS came out it seemed just a way to get money and to give some form of credibility to anyone who wanted to breed.
I know that my Breed club has a very strict code of ethics which I adhere to (and it costs yearly membership!)
I think this is a knee jerk answer by KC to Pedigree Dogs Exposed.
 Wicken Fen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2008 9:20:09 AM reply with quote send message to Wicken Fen Kennels Object to Post

It's a bit difficult to tie it in with affix costs as it appears that Labradoodle and other such overpriced mongrel breeders are allowed to have ABS status.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.