Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Free pet adoptions!
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/23/2008 1:05:59 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post   

I also posted this in the off topic forum.listen up if you live in so cal! FREE pet adoptions in 6 la(county,I believe.)shelters. For the first 300 pet adoptions in the next 48 hours.
All fees are payed. Free microchipping,adoption fees, and spay or neuter surgery! A generous money donor has donated to these shelters. I believe this is a miracle from God. I was thinking about this kind of thing just last night. AMAZING miracle! So if you live in so cal and have always wanted to adopt a pet,here's your chance! Thanks for reading, ~hp08~
 Snider
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:00:54 PM reply with quote send message to Snider Object to Post

I have very mixed emotions about such a "Free" adoption. I would hope some very strict guidelines are in place prior to adoption. I see an adoption fee as a necessity to weed out SOME that are not financially able to properly care for a pet. Just because those that WANT to adopt a pet can finally do so does not mean that they should. I strictly believe that if you can’t afford to purchase or adopt a pet because of high fees/price then you are not capable of affording a pet and provide everything the pet needs. Proper pet care is NOT cheap and that is just meeting the everyday needs of the pet. I’m sure I don’t even need to mention the high cost of vet care for both annual care and emergency care.

Nope, I just don’t see this as a good thing at all.

Terri ~
 Romance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:02:35 PM reply with quote send message to Romance Kennels Object to Post

Its part of a new Shelter Dog Month type thing.

I read it in Dog Fancy I believe, the January issue. Ill track down the article in a bit.
 Snider
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:13:20 PM reply with quote send message to Snider Object to Post

posted by Romance Kennels
Its part of a new Shelter Dog Month type thing.

I read it in Dog Fancy I believe, the January issue. Ill track down the article in a bit.

I do know some shelters waive fees for seniors wishing to adopt a senior pet, but the agreement also allows some financial support for the pet. I think that is a wonderful thing and a great opportunity for both the pets and the seniors adopting. However, 300 pets flying out the door via a free adoption "sale" just scares me.

Terri ~
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
12/23/2008 3:45:55 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

I do understand what you're saying. That makes sense.I just thought I should throw that out there.happy :)~hp08~
 morning mist cavaliers
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2009 6:43:36 PM reply with quote send message to morning mist cavaliers Object to Post

I love dogfancy!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.