Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Southern California People-Did you feel it ?^_^
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/18/2009 9:25:18 AM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post   

People in So Cal-
Did you feel the earthquake last night? It was first measured as a 4.7,then was highered(is that a word???) to a 5.0,then lowered back down to a 4.7. They say it lasted from 10-15 seconds. There were 5 aftershocks,the biggest measuring 3.1 about 5 minutes after the first quake. The first quake occurred at around 8:40 pm.

I felt it. I was laying in my bed watching tv and I heard the window shake-it shakes all the time when people start up their cars or the wind strikes it too hard,so it wasn't a big deal. This time,though, it shook even louder than usual and I felt my bed shake. So,my head registered it as an earthquake and I jumped out of my bed,while my little sister was still laying in bed,watching tvrazz :p(I sure hope I'm there if/when the big earthquake occurs,because my sister's brain works pretty slow -_-) So I called to my sister that it was an earthquake and rushed to the hallway(It's closer than the kitchen table) stumbling over ourselves in the process,because the ground was still shaking and continued to shake,even a little time after we reached the hall. It was really a big startle for me.

Other So Cal people-what was your experience with it?
-Madison of ~hp09~
 In the Distance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2009 4:37:49 PM reply with quote send message to In the Distance Kennels Object to Post

I don't live in So Cal but that sounds pretty scary! I would start freaking out if the earth started moving under my feet, lol!

Rachel
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2009 5:18:27 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

lol I wouldn't blame you,I've been through 5 or 6 quakes and still freak out,to this dayrazz :p
-Madison of ~hp09~
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2009 5:53:56 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

We just had an earthquake like 2 or 3 minutes agorazz :p
Isn't that lovely?
-Madison
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2009 6:11:05 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

Hi Pappy Maddi laugh :D I felt first one, we were down at sisters south of where we live. Why we had to be closer when there was one I dont know. I freak at them too, body responds by instinct. Actually they say to stay put when they happen as running you can be injured if things are falling. I know in Northridge shake 94 I ended up with bruised foot from running back and forth over fan that fell.
 HappyPappy07
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2009 7:39:51 PM reply with quote send message to HappyPappy07 Object to Post

Ooh ouch O.o Did it fall on you?(the fan)
-Madison

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.