Search

.com Forum · American Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Anyone do horse shows?
 goldendog29
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/1/2009 7:24:37 PM reply with quote send message to goldendog29 Object to Post   

Does anyone on here do horse shows? I do. On Sat. I had a show. One of my events was Showmanship at Halter and my horse was afraid of the judge. great.
 Genesis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2009 1:14:09 PM reply with quote send message to Genesis Kennels Object to Post

I used to ride nglish Saddlebreds, which are these horses..

www.flickr.com/photos/desertnightcreations/3002796360/
Thats a five gaited saddlebred.. (walk, trot, canter, gallop, run.. except they kep ther fet likethat almost the hole time laugh :D)

Mine is named Fancy laugh :D She is a 3 gaited, i never got to show with her, she lives in Phoenix, i live in tucson sad :( We used to keep her behind our house in ouir barn but it go too expensive so we gave her to our stable, and now everybody calls her spitfire, which was her name before i changed it :P I couldnt handle calling a hrose spit :P

And more pics of saddlebreds..
www.flickr.com/photos/desertnightcreations/3008085210/in/set-72157608361562838/

www.kyhorsepark.com/images/SaddlebredGrandeGil_no%20roses(small).jpg
Fancy had a bridle like that^^ :P

www.brianreimerstables.com/images/sh_angel_5h0h.jpg

www.whitestarstables.com

^^the was my barn laugh :D I havent ridden.. in oh a couple years now, but i know a BUNCH of those people on that website..
..The girl named Kirwan.. oo -starts screaming- EVIL! Haha.. I remember when she got holy fruit salad, and she had been riding for a month, and i had for 2 years, and she got to skip the division that i had to stay in cuz her horse. And she was RICH! That horse was like $200,000, thats how much saddlebreds run for :P

Mady

Oh, and there are no pictures of me on that site laugh :D
 CrimsonFalls
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2009 8:56:45 PM reply with quote send message to CrimsonFalls Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I do!!! happy :) they're soo much fun!
I show jump, HUS and eq. and pleasure wink ;)
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2009 9:31:16 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

I do rodeos happy :) I barrel race and team rope. I have tried my hand at cattle cutting and bull riding.

The bull riding was pretty fun not many girls in that sport. Haha. I don't think I'll be doin that sport alot.

Me and my cousin do team roping. My other cousin is the 4H president and she shows her horses as well.
 goldendog29
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2009 1:16:55 PM reply with quote send message to goldendog29 Object to Post

posted by Little River Dog
I do rodeos happy :) I barrel race and team rope. I have tried my hand at cattle cutting and bull riding.

The bull riding was pretty fun not many girls in that sport. Haha. I don't think I'll be doin that sport alot.

Me and my cousin do team roping. My other cousin is the 4H president and she shows her horses as well.

whats cattle cutting?
 Little River Dog
Basic User

Basic User
6/20/2009 3:36:51 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Dog Object to Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kiyMO4a3Fk&feature=related

That is some one doing cattle cutting.

Quote from the NCHA

In cutting horse competitions, horse and rider have two and a half minutes to demonstrate their ability to cut cattle and prevent them from returning to the herd. Contestants usually separate two or three individual cows before time expires. The clock starts when the horse crosses an imaginary line approximately fifty feet in front of the herd.

The horse and rider quietly walk into the herd, the rider begins the process of selecting one cow to “cut” from the rest of the group. The rider carefully selects a cow and drives it forward from the herd.

When the separation has been made, the rider must loosen or “drop” the reins and allow the horse to work independent of any guidance from the rider. The horse takes control of the contest and with lightning fast starts and turns, prevents the cow from returning to the herd.

When the cow turns away or discontinues its effort to return to the herd, the rider may lift the reins, signalling the horse to “quit the cow”. The cow is allowed to return to the herd and the process of selecting a new cow begins.

The event is scored from a range of 60 to 80 points. Every horse enters the herd on 70 points and qualified judges then add or take away from the run to determine the score.
happy :)
 Westminster
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2009 10:45:30 AM reply with quote send message to Westminster Object to Post

I do 3 day eventing with my horses happy :)

WST
 StarPups272
Basic User

Basic User
6/26/2009 4:15:27 PM reply with quote send message to StarPups272 Object to Post

I do the children's hunters and equitation.
 B Collies Rock
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2009 10:37:41 AM reply with quote send message to B Collies Rock Object to Post

I haven't done any shows in years upon years, but sometimes I help the people out at my barn when they go to shows. At DVHA on 6/20 I was a groom/horse holder/piggy-back-ride giver/outfit fetcher/halter untangler/tack getter/lunch buyer/spectator. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.