Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : What are Border Collies realy like to play?
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/11/2009 11:41:29 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post   

I was going to try them in my 2nd kennel a while ago but decieded not to after two diffrent kennels were rude to me.

So what are border collie players realy like? is the breed friendly and helpfull? whats the highest SOP so far?
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2009 10:19:37 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Well, I have BC's in one kennel. I guess they're overall friendly, tho really haven't interacted much. Top studs are a bit pricey, but I've asked a couple times and gotten a reduction. There's no BC forum (due to them not being friendly a year ago or so).

My highest is Bonfire Dark Shadows at 98.5/20. I have a couple that would have been 98.6 if they'd had a 20ss. Not sure of others, but that's about close to high. BorderCollie Ranch and Brewer Farms (same person? not sure) don't put SOPs in call names so can't say there. Highgate has maybe three 98.5's. Those are the main BC kennels.
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
6/12/2009 12:21:46 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Added, I just bought a 98.6 from another kennel that did very well but is leaving the breed.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
6/14/2009 4:21:25 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Ill give it ago, Ive brought one in my other premi.
 Clay Creek Falls
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2009 2:38:53 AM reply with quote send message to Clay Creek Falls Object to Post

posted by Wildsyde
Well, I have BC's in one kennel. I guess they're overall friendly, tho really haven't interacted much. Top studs are a bit pricey, but I've asked a couple times and gotten a reduction. There's no BC forum (due to them not being friendly a year ago or so).

I have gotten so many rejections its not funny! and i have set up a forum outside of showdog if people still want to chat :P

www.bordercollieclub.proboards.com

enjoy!

CassieLynnx3
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2009 4:58:51 PM reply with quote send message to CassieLynnx3 Object to Post

My kennel is strictly Border Collies, and I love the breed. I am upgrading soon, so I can keep breeding and selling virtual BC's. I have an upcoming litter due 12/4/09. First person to messge me gets second pick of the litter. Bitch is 98.7 Sire is 98.5. Males will be $250 each and females will be $300 each.
Blue Creek Border Collies
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2010 10:49:39 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

I've been in Borders since I joined I took a break but my heart belongs to them razz :p. Diane at Brewer farm is incredibly friendly and helpful, probably my most reliable friend who continues to drag me out of holes time and time again... She is NOT the same person as BCfarms, if you are mature enough and arnt too needy BCs are GREAT!

Emma
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2010 12:14:35 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

thanks emma but this is a realy old post lol laugh :D i moved to a diffrent breed in the end.
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2010 1:10:25 PM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

oh sorry wink ;)
 Pearl City
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2010 6:06:05 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post

Well I have Border Collies in my kennel and well I think Iam pretty friendly! The highest SOP right now is 99.2 (I think)

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.