.com Forum · Sporting Breeds

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : FOOD - Lab puppy
 bzuber
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/4/2009 2:14:25 PM reply with quote send message to bzuber Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

What food do you give your dog? I would like to pick it up at the local store (PetCo, PetSmart, etc..)

OR do you recommend an outside dog food?

I want to achieve good muscle tone for my male 7 month old yellow lab . . . puppy food and adult food????

Thanks in advance
 Kistmi Quick Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2009 10:11:02 PM reply with quote send message to Kistmi Quick Kennels Object to Post

I don't like making purchases from Petco or Petsmart because they tend to be expensive. Any local pet store that isn't a chain store is going to be your best bet for food and supplies.

And I feed Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. It's great food, at a great value. happy :)
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2010 4:40:03 AM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

This needs to be in the Real Dogs Forum. This is for virtual SD.com dogs.

Pendrosia

Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2010 8:28:54 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

posted by Pendrosia
This needs to be in the Real Dogs Forum. This is for virtual SD.com dogs.

Pendrosia

Actually its for "Sporting Dogs". Nowhere does it say this is for virtual dogs only.

Sporting Breeds
Pointers, Retrievers, Spaniels, etc.
 SilverHope
Basic User

Basic User
1/18/2010 10:30:04 PM reply with quote send message to SilverHope Object to Post

Good muscle tone comes with proper excersize and play. At seven months old he should have Great muscle tone. As far as food Keep him on a large breed puppy food, Acana is awesome thats what I use for my lab litters. I didnt like what the chicken soup stuff did to my dogs, it was like cleaning up after an elephant in the yard. With growing large breed puppies I like to stay away from the "all life stages food". I use to use it but found my boys weight was not where it should be on it so thats why I have him on large breed puppy now. Whatever you end up going with just make sure it is a large breed puppy food and he should be fine. Lots of excersize and play time he will be set!!
 SilverHope
Basic User

Basic User
1/19/2010 12:35:09 AM reply with quote send message to SilverHope Object to Post

holy old post...sorry lol

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.