Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Kee. A dog which can do over 100 Tricks ...
 katrinbellyeu
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/11/2010 1:01:04 PM reply with quote send message to katrinbellyeu Object to Post   

Hello,

I am looking for people, who are interested in dogsports.
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2010 10:47:39 AM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

I realize that this is an old post, but... I am very interested in dog sports and have been trying to keep an eye out for other SD people who have an interest as well.

I am currently actively interested in or training for: agility (USDAA & NADAC at the moment), Rally-O (APDT at the moment), therapy and trick.

I also am very interested in Schutzhund, Conformation, Freestyle Dancing, Bird Dog (or Gun Dog, whatever the technical term is), Herding and acting (movie) canines. Though I sadly am not able to move forward with any of these sports of interest at this time for a variety of reasons sad :( .

I also train for S&R and narcotics though these are not sports and hopefully some police k9/protection sooner or later. happy :)

I would love to discuss methods with other people concerning agility and rally (or even trick I guess) since that is what I know the most of currently and wouldn't know much about other sport methods at this time. Discussing the pro's and con's of the methods in detail (ex: Weave-a-matics vs channel vs 2x2 or 2o2o vs running contacts vs lie down on contact zone etc.)

TCrown
 BorderCollie3
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2010 6:06:38 PM reply with quote send message to BorderCollie3 Object to Post

I love dog sports and really like diving dog and agility.
I love dogs and would enjoy talking to anyone about them. My sister is training her dog for agility and it seems like weave poles are hard for her to learn. Is it hard for all dogs? Do bigger or smaller dogs do better at agility?
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2010 3:56:52 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

I've heard that weaves are one of the more difficult obstacles to train. I do not know for sure, but I think the smaller dogs have an easier time with the weaves as they have more room to weave, with more distance between each pole than the larger dogs (merely due to the size difference).

Is she training in classes or on her own?

TCrown
 BorderCollie3
Basic User

Basic User
4/2/2010 2:01:11 PM reply with quote send message to BorderCollie3 Object to Post

She is training her dog on her own. She is learning quite well and can do them all if my sister is leading her through with her hand. I also think that small dogs would have an easier time, because they do no have to end around like large dogs, but simply walk imbetween. Do you watch the Purina Dog Challenge? It has agility, diving dog, 50 weave poles, and free style disc dog(at least I think that is what it is called). There has been a constant champion for 50 weave poles named Pickles, a one eyed Border Collie. My sister's dog is having more trouble with the see-saw now. She is scared whenever the board tilts down.
 cattle dog12345
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2010 10:35:41 PM reply with quote send message to cattle dog12345 Object to Post

I love dog sports. I just adore dogs. I am currently training my dog agility, she seems to be coming along pretty well!
 Sylence
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2010 11:12:19 AM reply with quote send message to Sylence Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I've had very few problems with the weave, aside from missing the last one or two poles on the end sometimes. /sigh

I do find that Sy has the most problem with the chutes. She loves them at home in our little makeshift coarse, and loves snuggling herself under the blankets on the bed and rummaging around under them at home, but the chutes give her issues any other time.

Dock dogs is another sport I absolutely love, and both Sy and her half-sister love it too. Not major high level competitions, but youth and fun runs around home and with local clubs. Here at home we have a wooden dock leading out into our lake, so we can practice several months of the year. Tennis balls do it for Sy, but she will also go loco for her "Sheepers" (a little stuffed sheep) if I toss him in the water. laugh :D

Liam

*edited: Whoops, old posts. lol
 Vance Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2010 6:00:24 AM reply with quote send message to Vance Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message
 IrishCross
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2011 11:58:50 AM reply with quote send message to IrishCross Object to Post

I've seen him before - it's pretty impressive.
www.squidoo.com/foods-dogs-should-not-eat
 Dogfreak3434
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2011 6:42:55 PM reply with quote send message to Dogfreak3434 Object to Post

my unknown breed, Co Co, will go crazy if you run and jump! Then, she'll do after you!! LOL

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.