Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Finishing Kennel!!!
 Pearl City
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/23/2010 10:33:04 PM reply with quote send message to Pearl City Object to Post   

I just created a finishing kennel! Its called Finishing City! Its a basic account so only 5 dogs of diffrent breeds.But in the near future it will become a standard account.So dont worry.Iam willing to buy the dog for 100 and when made into champion the dog will be sold back to you for 200.If the dog is young she/he will be fully sessioned before entering the ring.Please send me an email for more info!
 Canis Lupis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2010 8:50:04 AM reply with quote send message to Canis Lupis Kennels Object to Post

I am afraid it is against the rules to buy a dog and sell it back for a higher price. I may be wrong.happy :)
 Southern Belles Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2010 5:07:47 PM reply with quote send message to Southern Belles Kennels Object to Post

posted by Canis Lupis Kennels
I am afraid it is against the rules to buy a dog and sell it back for a higher price. I may be wrong.happy :)
Not when you're doing finishing it isn't wink ;) I do it alot happy :) Sorry to hi-jak!

~Belle<3
 Canis Lupis Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2010 7:15:26 PM reply with quote send message to Canis Lupis Kennels Object to Post

^^I did not know that thanks!happy :)
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
9/3/2010 8:35:10 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

I think it's technically not legal, but I think Jeff tries to ignore this gray area.
 iluvacds
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2011 12:49:11 PM reply with quote send message to iluvacds Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I believe the rules were set up for passing money back and forth I just checked and it may be an omission in the exlaination but it says nothing about not being able to get a fair price for a dog that you have worked with . The only loop that I can see is that when a dog is finished it may have to be put up for general sale but there are no rules that say you can not buy back a dog that you welped. I beleive the rule was put into place to keep people playing the game as honestly as possible . I think that taking a dog in and getting paid to finish it is pretty straight forward REAL breeders do it all the time of course in the fancy we do have co ownership maybe that is a topic that should be explored
In fact as I figure the costs IF you receved a point Every time you entered a dog in a show and only entered the 5.00 shows it would cost a minimum of 75.00 in entry fees then add in the sessions and food and asking only 100.00 more for the dog is going to be a loosing business soon
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2011 1:46:39 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

I don't think people make any $ on finishing if they have to session. The cost of the sesssions is way too much. Taking a fully sessioned dog might make money with the small amount people have for buyback nowadays tho. One could possibly finish a dog by only spending $5 (one show with 5pt major and $5, one Nat'l with 5pter, and World Cup with 5pter) but that's a bit unlikely.

But, I think people do it for the fun of it mainly.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.