Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Having an issue with scent discrimination..
 Garuda
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/30/2010 12:19:35 AM reply with quote send message to Garuda Object to Post   

My Belgian Malinois, TC Karma, I think will not finish by the time she hits 120 days old in the conformation ring so I am trying to work on getting her UD instead.

I sessioned Scent Discrimination, and at the moment, it's at 19 but every time I place her in a show, she's NQ'd on it. I'm guessing I really need to get it to 20, but it won't go up!!

Is that the hardest to session?

Garuda
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2010 1:22:13 AM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Weird, why is she in Utility B? She only has her CDX, so should be in Utility A.

I'd think 19 ought get you most of the way there. Sometimes it does take a little longer, wish I could remember how long it took Pembrokes to session to 20 there as your breed would be similar or faster.
 Garuda
Basic User

Basic User
9/30/2010 3:41:38 AM reply with quote send message to Garuda Object to Post

posted by Wildsyde
Weird, why is she in Utility B? She only has her CDX, so should be in Utility A.

I'd think 19 ought get you most of the way there. Sometimes it does take a little longer, wish I could remember how long it took Pembrokes to session to 20 there as your breed would be similar or faster.

I'm not sure why she is in Utility B, but I had that happen similarly on a Doberman I have. He went from Open A to Novice A, though he garnished his CD in the Open A class.

That might be why she keeps NQing? I'm not sure but I'll keep sessioning her.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.