Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : How do you session?
 Schultz Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/10/2010 9:40:45 PM reply with quote send message to Schultz Kennel Object to Post   

I have no clue how you session a dog in obedience.
 Niji Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2010 10:57:03 PM reply with quote send message to Niji Kennels Object to Post

Dog for obedience have more session requirement than for conformation.

At bottom of dog page, just above pedigree, is section that says Work.

Work has several option like HoL, Figure Eight, Heel, Free Recall, Long Sit, Long Down and other.

Dog need 20 in all those for a UD title.

There 3 levels, novice, open and utility. Novice need 20 in HoL, Figure Eight, Heel Free, Recall, Long Sit, Long Down and show obedience.

Open need 20 in Drop on Recall, Ret on Flat, Ret over High Jump and Broad Jump.

Utility need 20 in Signal Exer., Scent Discrimination, Directed Retrieve, Mov Stand for Exam, Directed Jumping.
 Schultz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2010 9:03:28 AM reply with quote send message to Schultz Kennel Object to Post

That must take forever to do!
 Niji Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/11/2010 6:58:00 PM reply with quote send message to Niji Kennels Object to Post

It can. I am session a poodle puppy now. I have bid on 10 extra daily session, plus my basic account five. So she is getting 3 into her conformation Train/Exercise/Groom and the remaining 12 go into her obedience. Daily.

I start session her at birth, and she is 15 day old now with full 20 in HoL, Figure Eight, Heel Free, Recall, Long Sit, Long Down, Drop on Recall, Ret on Flat, Ret over High Jump, Broad Jump and Mov Stand for Exam.

She is 14 in her Signal Exer.

Still need session in Scent Discrimination, Directed Retrieve and Directed Jumping.

Depend on breed, some session fast. Poodle session fast. Dog like Papillion or Basset Hound session slow and take long.

This poodle, in first show at age 15 days, she took 2nd out of 80 Novice dog for 79 point. Proud!
www.showdog.com/users/obedienceResults.aspx?id=10066062
 Iris*
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2011 11:28:13 AM reply with quote send message to Iris* Object to Post

Where can I find this page with Obedience Results? I only can find "Enter in Shows". No results!

happy :) Iris
 Iris*
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2011 11:30:51 AM reply with quote send message to Iris* Object to Post

P.S.: I have found it!

happy :) Iris

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing