Search

.com Forum · Herding Breeds

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Border Collie Genetics
 Makatza
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/6/2011 6:16:27 AM reply with quote send message to Makatza Object to Post   

I have a project to breed sables and tri color BC's, but can not find any posts about how they set up the colors for them. Does anyone know?
Thanks,
Sadie
 Bellagios
Basic User

Basic User
3/6/2011 4:00:05 PM reply with quote send message to Bellagios Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm going to be no help here at all I am sure, but I have a newborn Lilac Tricolor in my kennel (for showing, hopefully) that came from a Lilac & White bitch and a Chocolate & White stud.

His grandsires are Lilac & White and a Chocolate & White, and his granddams are another Lilac Tricolor and a Chocolate & White.

His Lilac Tricolor granddam just mentioned above came from a Slate merle & Tan stud and a Slate merle bitch.

I highly doubt that helps you at all, but it might. happy :) I hope you can get your program up and running!

*Edited to mention as far as I have heard since colors were implimented, various breeds' genetics table are somewhat inaccurate. I can't recall the specific details, but I do remember some colors popping up where they were not really supposed to. laugh :D Good luck, and sorry I cannot be more helpful.
 Makatza
Basic User

Basic User
3/8/2011 2:04:15 PM reply with quote send message to Makatza Object to Post

Thanks, I'll add this to my notes. Too many variables in BCs lol
 Mindora
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2011 9:35:53 PM reply with quote send message to Mindora Object to Post

Take a look at my border collie kennel- Claredon:
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Claredon

I have a border colie project going on there too. Incorporating starter dogs for new genes. But unfortunately I ran out of male starter dogs, so I got studs in for my starter females. Worked out well with colours though.

All of my borders with low stats are part of the border collie project. If you're interested in doing some stud sharing or sharing puppies or something along those lines, I'd be more than happy to help.

Take a look at Sable and Able though- sable and white female I recently bred. She's from a Blue tri dad and a black and white mum source dog.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.