Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : SD Fever Kudos Award Voting for August!
 Bord De La Mer
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/19/2012 11:27:58 AM reply with quote send message to Bord De La Mer Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ends on July 22nd

Nominees-
Dogs of Rockwood
Welsh Corgi Kennels
Reina @ Warhead
PPVallhunds
Picardy

Whoever Reaches 3 Votes first, wins.

Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2012 12:04:29 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

Dogs of Rockwood happy :)
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2012 12:15:45 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

thats a great field. I'm going to vote for Reina, for her hard work on the TOP SOP list.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2012 1:14:17 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Dogs of Rockwood, for vamping up the Safesources.
 Celestia
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2012 1:26:38 PM reply with quote send message to Celestia Object to Post

Dogs of Rockwood
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2012 8:19:01 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

wait, what?!? Is this a race, or a vote? Seems to me it should be whomever has the most votes by the deadline, not whomever has a set number of votes first.
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2012 8:57:56 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
wait, what?!? Is this a race, or a vote? Seems to me it should be whomever has the most votes by the deadline, not whomever has a set number of votes first.
Agreed.
 Bord De La Mer
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2012 11:37:12 PM reply with quote send message to Bord De La Mer Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Lilliput
It's a vote happy :) It's an easier way to do things, and I think it works better. Either way she still wins. There's a deadline for SD Fever, and we can't take our precious time with voting. So why not just reach 3 votes? It's a fair game.. I don't see where a race comes in. This is voting, there is no "race" going on. And if you have concerns about it, PM me about it.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2012 12:30:48 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'm about to go out of town, so won't be able to continue the conversation. but the first to 3 votes IS a race. It means whomever can get their supporters to vote three times first, wins. Showdog is international, members check the site at all hours of the day. It's possible that one person gets 3 votes in an hour, but that 5 people wish to vote for their competitor, but don't log on until later in the day. Whomever has 3 votes FIRST is not necessarily the candidate the most people want to win.

I understand there is a deadline. I think the fairest way to run the vote is to set a deadline, say midnight showdog time on a certain date. This gives everyone ample and equal chance to cast their vote.

For the record, I think all nominees are worthy of the title. I would be raising the objection regardless of who was ahead. A deadline is simply more fair than setting an arbitrary number of votes and having a race to see who gets the votes the fastest.
 Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
7/22/2012 10:40:24 AM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

Yes I agree this should NOT be run as a 'race'. It should be a tally of votes and then you count up the totals at the ending date.
 Bord De La Mer
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2012 3:54:44 PM reply with quote send message to Bord De La Mer Object to Post

Even if this is a race, I think it's a better way to do things. Instead of bumping posts because no one is voting, we can make it so people have to vote quickly for the person they want to win.. And if they don't do it in time, the person closer to the number of votes needed wins, I don't see any harm in that! Yes, three is a small number, maybe next week we'll make it 6 or 10.
 Bord De La Mer
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2012 3:56:19 PM reply with quote send message to Bord De La Mer Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
You voted before this post was made, why weren't you upset about it then?
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2012 4:53:58 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

Please change how you are doing this. The SD Fever does not agree with this. It would be just fine to do it the normal way. happy :) There is no reason to make the limit three, since either way someone is going to win. If there is ever a tie, make a quick voting or choose yourself. Or even allow extra time for the voters. Having a limit to reach, is NOT voting at all. Thank you BDLM, I hope you understand happy :)
 Analeyn
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2012 5:16:38 PM reply with quote send message to Analeyn Object to Post

Whilst I agree with the argument expressed, a civil discussion would have sufficed. We are all capable of that, despite the tension we may feel.
Seemingly, the method of the first-come idea was not favourable, which is completely fine. However, in my opinion the way in which people have voiced their view was impolite.
A simple suggestion would likely have been recieved better and achieved the desired result.

Everdale Goldens
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
7/22/2012 5:41:42 PM reply with quote send message to Everdale Goldens Object to Post

posted by Welsh Corgi Kennels
Please change how you are doing this. The SD Fever does not agree with this. It would be just fine to do it the normal way. happy :) There is no reason to make the limit three, since either way someone is going to win. If there is ever a tie, make a quick voting or choose yourself. Or even allow extra time for the voters. Having a limit to reach, is NOT voting at all. Thank you BDLM, I hope you understand happy :)
Yes I agree and I actually PM'ed Bord De La Mer. I know there was previously an issue with how this was being run so this is the 2nd time. Hopefully we can clear this up. It should NOT be run as a 'race'.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.