Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Um..
 Dynastie
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/11/2012 12:21:06 PM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post   

Why does no one ever do anything that I post?? Am I doing something wrong?!
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2012 1:16:34 PM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I treid the Augest Quiz- and without using google i tried to answer the questions, i had answered a few uestions but i didn't think they where rightr - so i didn't post my answers.

Rose-Belle
 Rose Forest Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2012 1:16:49 PM reply with quote send message to Rose Forest Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

double post
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2012 4:25:59 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I looked at the August quiz. My feeling was that the questions were so vague/general that there were no clear answers to many of them. For instance, there was one about sighthounds with a short coat and any color was acceptable, that describes several different sighthound breeds. Others were so vague that they could have possibly described any number of breeds. The questions are gone now, but something like, a medium sized athletic breed and one possible color is brown, could be just about anything. When I saw how vague they were, I actually DID google, just to see what would happen (and not enter), and even google didn't help.

I do really enjoy the quizes, but they have to be answerable with very specific correct answers. Something that vague might have been better done multiple choice style.

I should also say, I really enjoyed last month's quiz, and the one before it, where the questions covered topics other than straight dog breeds. It made it challenging to complete, and it was novel. There are a handful of players on SD who are really great at dog breeds, and I'd imagine on dog breed quizes, one of us will always win. Having something new was challenging for all and allowed for players with other strengths to have a chance too.

One idea, maybe try bumping your posts and "promoting" a bit more? When the original poster gets really excited about having entries and posts regular reminders to bump the post back up, it seems to gather more players attention.

I think you're doing a good job. Maybe next month the turn out will be better. happy :) -Neb

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.