Search

.com Forum · SD Fever

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : August Challange - SOP points
 Dynastie
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/14/2012 5:23:13 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post   

August Challange

This challenge is going to calculate who can raise their breeds SOP the fastest. To determine who wins, we will count the points it jumped. We are not counting on the number the SOP is, since every breed is different.

Confused?
Let’s say the highest SOP in your kennel is a 91.00. In another kennel, someone’s highest SOP is a 75.00. You need to take your highest SOP, not the overall breed’s highest SOP, and jump as high as you can. It’s okay if you don’t succeed the first time, you have until 8/25/12 to get a high SOP. So, back to our example, let’s say user 1’s dog, the 91.00, had a litter and the highest SOP in the litter was a 91.30. You can either enter that dog into the competition, 30 points, or breed another litter to try and get something higher. Though keep in mind, nothing will be accepted on 8/26/12, so plan your litters.

Example two:
Highest SOP is a 67.00
Highest SOP has a puppy with a SOP of 67.80
That will give you 80 points

If you jump a whole point, such as a 67.00 to a 68.00, that will be 100 points. This competition is about correct breeding, and knowing how to breed well.

If you have ANY questions please message me for more details!

To enter, please fill out this form:
Kennel Name:
Highest SOP Parent:
Due Date of Litter:
Link to Parent:
Other:

Please fill this out once the litter drops and yes, you can go negative.
Kennel Name:
SOP of Parent:
SOP of offspring:
Link to offspring:
Other:

Dynastie
 Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2012 5:24:51 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Rules

1. You can only enter one kennel.
2. You can switch your parent.
3. There is a payout of 500.oo to the winner.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2012 6:39:33 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Ooo, sounds fun! happy :)

I have one question though. wink ;)
You can enter as many pups as you like, as long as they are beating the high SOP of the breed, right?
 luckydogwhisperer
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2012 12:33:22 PM reply with quote send message to luckydogwhisperer Object to Post

I'm a little confused, but I'll go ahead and enter anyways...it sounds like fun! Are we allowed to do more than one breed? If so, here's my forms...if we're only allowed to do one, just use the first one. happy :)

Kennel Name: Luckydogwhisperer
Highest SOP Parent: 78
Due Date of Litter: 8/19/12
Link to Parent: www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?name=FRK+Lighted+Throne
Other: The breed is Pyrenean Shepherds. happy :)

Highest SOP Parent: 80.55
Due Date of Litter: 8/17/12
Link to Parent: www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11372022
Other: The breed is Weimaraners. happy :)

Highest SOP Parent: 82.45
Due Date of Litter: (Planned Litter) Due 8/22/12 or 8/23/12
Link to Parent: www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?id=11562432
Other: The breed is Flat-Coated Retrievers. happy :)

Thank you, Dynastie! This is a great idea!

Lucky
 Welsh Corgi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2012 1:38:51 PM reply with quote send message to Welsh Corgi Kennels Object to Post

posted by Myths
Ooo, sounds fun! happy :)

I have one question though. wink ;)
You can enter as many pups as you like, as long as they are beating the high SOP of the breed, right?

I believe it's only one pup you can enter. razz :p
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/14/2012 10:47:30 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I think I'd like to enter. I havee some questions first, before I place my official entry.

Can I switch my parent/litter AFTER the litter is born? I have several due all at once. And, will likely have time for more breedings in the time frame.

Do I have to enter BEFORE the litter is born? Or can I enter after the litter is born, so long as the litter is born within the time frame?

Can I enter more than one litter at once, or should I wait and enter the biggest SOP jump puppy of all my litters?
 Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2012 1:49:52 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
I think I'd like to enter. I havee some questions first, before I place my official entry.

Can I switch my parent/litter AFTER the litter is born? I have several due all at once. And, will likely have time for more breedings in the time frame.

Do I have to enter BEFORE the litter is born? Or can I enter after the litter is born, so long as the litter is born within the time frame?

Can I enter more than one litter at once, or should I wait and enter the biggest SOP jump puppy of all my litters?

Yes, you can switch anything after the litter, but you must have something by the due date.

You don't have to enter anything before the litter,

I think it would be easier on you to just get your highest sop pup in the end and enter them happy :)
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2012 7:13:08 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

so, are we measuring how much higher the pup is than it's parents? Or, higher than the highest breeding-age SOP dog in your kennel, weather they are the parent or not?

So if-

Pup = 96
Parent = 94
Highest SOP Breeding Age dog in my kennel(but NOT the sire or dam of the pup)= 97

Are you +2/20 for being 2 pts higher than the highest SOP parent? Or are you -1 for being behind the highest SOP breeding age dog in the kennel?
 Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2012 11:00:31 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

The goal is to breed something higher then your highest SOP in your kennel, parent or not. If you don't breed anything higher then the highest SOP, you can still sudmit it just to be part of this, but it will give you a negative. If your highest sop in the kennel is 60.00 and you breed a 60.50, that gives you +50 points happy :)
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2012 3:07:16 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I'll enter-

Kennel Name:Lilliput
Highest SOP Parent:88.80
Due Date of Litter:I have several down, and some on the way, the latest being Monday 8/20, but I think there will be more after that
Link to Parent:Several possible
Other:
 Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2012 11:14:44 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

Thanks!
 Dynastie
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2012 9:05:42 AM reply with quote send message to Dynastie Object to Post

bump!

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.