Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : What's your favourite breed?
 Mindora
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/22/2012 7:13:00 PM reply with quote send message to Mindora Object to Post   

So gotta get the ball rolling in this forum - Us Aussies haven't been very talkative for a while!!

Let's start with an easy question:
What is your favourite breed of dog and why?

If you feel up to it you can also answer, what breed would you never buy or live with and why?
 Mindora
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2012 7:19:34 PM reply with quote send message to Mindora Object to Post

I'll start:
Fave Breed: Lagotto Romagnolo
Why? They are a rarer breed, so no puppy mills, no puppy farmers. On top of that they are a medium sized dog, that is non shedding, good for people with allergies, and for people who don't like cleaning dog hairs! They are super intelligent and easy to train, the ancestor of every single water retrieving dog out there today. The name sounds cool! They are a part of Italian History, and even exist in an antique painting! They have great temperaments if raised well, super cuddly teddy bears! And they get along with other breeds.

Breed I would never buy: Anything I can't train! My favourtie breed years ago used to be border collies and whilst I still love them and own my BC, after finding out about Lagottos, they are pretty much as smart as a border collie, learn just as quickly it's incredible!! I developed my love of training through my BC, so I could now never own a dog I couldn't train! And that didn't learn quickly enough- I think I'd just get too frustrated with it!!
 OGSD4life
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2012 1:19:36 AM reply with quote send message to OGSD4life Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Sounds like a good idea!

My Favourite Breed: German Shepherd
And why?
Good Question! I've asked myself this many times, because I've never owned a GSD, and I've never even met one. I've just had an uncanny obsession for them since I can remember. I guess I just love how they are so smart and loyal. One day when I'm older I wish to breed German Shepherds in RL to hopefully bring the straight-back look back into the Show Ring.

Breed I'd never own:
Anything small and fluffy, like a Shi-tzu or a Malteze. My dad has two (lucky I don't have to live with them), and they are completely untrained and growl at you if you try to move them off the couch so you can sit!! lol

-OGSD
 Partridge Place Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
2/28/2022 1:28:38 PM reply with quote send message to Partridge Place Kennel Object to Post

My Favorite breed 100% is the Ibizan Hound. Hoping to get one in real life soon!

Breed I would never own.
Hmm..
Probably a dog that has no purpose except being cute. i like dogs with function. (No offence anyone)
BTW I am australian.
 Lolboter
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2023 12:10:54 AM reply with quote send message to Lolboter Object to Post

Gosh- as someone that shows dogs IRL here in Australia, this is a hard one! IRL I own GSPs and handle Golden and Flat Coated Retrievers at shows.

While I would love a Large Munsterlander or Bracco Italiano- the Murray River Retriever (similar to an American Water Spaniel) has me drooling! maybe when I win Tattslotto and have a huge property out in the sticks!
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2023 12:51:07 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

My favourite breed --- Keeshonds.
I have had a succession of these over the years. I love their gentle and affectionate nature. And their willingness to join in, I have been training and obedience trialing Keeshonds for years. I have found them very intelligent on the plus side, and stubborn and easily bored on the minus side. happy :)

Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2023 11:24:17 AM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

My favourite breed is….can you guess? laugh :D

American Cocker Spaniels, especially the Blacks.

I had a brief show stint on and off for 10 yrs, almost 25 yrs ago.
Decided to switch to Cocker Rescue which lasted 16 yrs.

Now, retired, with my 2 black cockers. One in Nosework and the other, a senior, retired from Tracking and is back doing Rally O just for recreation. No trials.

My 2nd favourite is the Welsh Springer.

Carol

Edited to add the Why.
After my first Cocker, in 1989, I was hooked.
I find the blacks are more cuddly which is something I love.
There is nothing better than my dog’s head on my chest as she peers up into my eyes.

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 3/23/2023 11:27:00 AM

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.