Search

.com Forum · Australian Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Breed game: What am I?
 OGSD4life
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/23/2012 1:38:34 AM reply with quote send message to OGSD4life Object to Post   

Come on Aussies!! We really need to get this forum active, so I'll start with a game. Aim: To guess what dog breed I am describing. The person who gets it right, get's to describe the next breed of dog.

I'll start:
I originated in Germany and I was given my name because of the way I use my paws when playing.
 TNT Cessnock Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2012 10:03:38 AM reply with quote send message to TNT Cessnock Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Boxer!

I originated in the outback where I'm known for walking on sheep backs.

ETA: I just realised this was in the Australian forum...so this is about the easiest one for here, hard for everyone else LOL!
 OGSD4life
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2012 7:08:52 PM reply with quote send message to OGSD4life Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Australian Kelpie!! laugh :D

I am known to have originated in France, though some say I am from Germany. I come in three size, toy, miniature and Standard. What am I?

Edit: Damn Spelling Mistakes lol!!

Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/24/2012 12:43:42 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Poodle
 OGSD4life
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2012 2:13:21 AM reply with quote send message to OGSD4life Object to Post

Yes, your turn. happy :)
 Mindora
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2012 7:49:32 PM reply with quote send message to Mindora Object to Post

Thought I'd just continue...
What Am I?
I am a breed that has been around for a very long time. I almost went extinct at one point when the lakes in Italy were no more and my original purpose of retrieving water fowl from lakes was no longer needed.
I am the ancestor of every single water retrieving breed of dog ie. I am the great grandfather of the Poodle, Golden Retriever, Portuguese Water Spaniel, Cockerspaniel, Labroador Retriever, King charles Spaniel, English Springer Spaniel etc.
I am highly intelligent, medium sized and LOVE to dig. I am also non-shedding.
When I was no longer needed to retrieve water fowl from lakes and rivers, I then was given a new useful job. I was then bred for my ability to find a rare Italian delicasy called a "Truffle".
 OGSD4life
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2012 1:37:16 AM reply with quote send message to OGSD4life Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I could be wrong but is it a Lagotto Romagnolo?

I saw a program the other day about Truffles and how they used to use pigs to find them but started using dogs instead because the pigs just ate them. I'm pretty sure the dogs in the show were Lagottos.

-OGSD

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing