Search

.com Forum · Polish Lowland Sheepdog

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Group Placer, is this a first?
 Focus
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/13/2011 2:37:53 PM reply with quote send message to Focus Object to Post   

Has anyone had a Group Placing with one of their PON's? I got a Group 2 last night for the first time. Whahoo.
 Chorus
Basic User

Basic User
3/13/2011 11:53:06 PM reply with quote send message to Chorus Object to Post

Congratulations!! That was a big show too!

I am pretty new to the breed but I have only found a couple of judges that place PON's in group. Group 2nd is the best I have done. I wish they placed more, it would draw more people to the breed!
 Focus
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2011 1:00:55 PM reply with quote send message to Focus Object to Post

Thanks, at least we have two judges that will use a PON in Group. I will have to give Amanda a try and see if she will use my girl.

Congrats on your wins.
 Chorus
Basic User

Basic User
3/21/2011 3:24:31 PM reply with quote send message to Chorus Object to Post

I hope I'm misunderstanding but from what Admin has posted I think it may be harder for lower SOP breeds to now post in group . . . I hope not!

"Since there is a greater disparity in traits, quality will now be more important than judge preferences and handler skill, unlike now where those things have a large impact on results. My understanding is a lot of the complaints about the same dogs always winning relates to judge's preferences for traits that are ranked highly in that breed's SOP. This should make it easier for more advanced breeds to win over breeds who have an SOP that is complimentary to an active judge.

Laura"

www.showdog.com/login/philboard_read.aspx?id=212315&recordnum=140
 Focus
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2011 2:16:04 PM reply with quote send message to Focus Object to Post

Nope, it doesn't seem to make a difference she placed in group again.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.