Search

.com Forum · Manchester Toy Terrier

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Attention MTT Breeders
 Diabolic
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/8/2010 8:09:17 PM reply with quote send message to Diabolic Object to Post   

Ok, so I have returned to MTT's after a LONG time trying out other breeds and such. I see the breed had dropped dramatically. Not good.

Some of you may remember me as WhispHill Kennel. Most of the MTTs in the lines today have a WH prefix in their peds somewhere. Years ago, I bred these dogs from source and eventually became the number one kennel in the breed. I also eventually bred the highest SOP dogs in the game at that time. I became VERY fond of the MTT and due to real life issues, I had to leave the game for some time and have decided that this breed needs some attention, bad.

So, I say the breeders band together, those breeders that are still here and we promote this breed into something it deserves to be. I have considered a few options. Here they are;

1) We need to create a weekly newsletter for the MTT. As far as new breeders, highest SOP dogs, upcoming specialty shows and etc. Each week, a different breeder would write it and it would be sent to ALL breeders on the MTT list.

2) We begin recruiting ten-fold. This breed is in NEED of some serious attention. We need to band together and recruit as many as possible.

3) MTT SOP's are still pretty low. I say we all "lower" these stud fees and work together to get available dogs for sale and make this breed a good deal less of a money hole.

4) Create a breed club. This would include creating a seperate website apart from SD and it would be to advertise dos that are for sale, for stud, current highest SOP, BIS/BISS show winners, top breeder of the month and top dog of the month and so on and so on.

If anyone is interested in helping or has any other suggestions, feel free to let me know. I would also LOVE help in promoting the breed.

Thanks and best wishes,
Elaine
 GlenEden
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2010 9:51:13 PM reply with quote send message to GlenEden Object to Post

I don't know how much I can help, as real life takes up most of my time, but I did put several MTTs up for sale and stud at low prices. I will have more broods available after they deliver on the 13th..and several puppies available from 10 litters on the 23rd to try and up the #s available & in the ring.

Good luck, this is one of those breeds that can easily win Multiple BISs and be the Top Dogs...I owned the first official dog of the month, and bred DOTM for May..this breed is truly a hidden gem for those who want a group competitive, but room for improvement SOP breed.

Jenn

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.