Search

.com Forum · Lhasa Apso

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : No Lhs males at stud.or hardly any !!!
 Langold
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/10/2009 10:04:48 AM reply with quote send message to Langold Object to Post   

Why are there so few males at stud ????
How can one breed !!

Was asked to join the breed ...But was not told there was no males at stud or hardly any.

Norbu
Basic User

Basic User
9/10/2009 4:52:00 PM reply with quote send message to Norbu Object to Post

I pulled my males off the stud board after I made almost $1000 in stud fees last week. My boys were apparently the only ones getting used last week. Last thing the breed needs is everyone using the same males.

Edit: I have put my males back on the board, but on approval.
It appears to me that some breeders have decided to keep their males exclusive and not share them with the public. I hope that isn't the case. It happened that way a couple years ago, and I left game because it disgusted me. I rather enjoy a breed whos players all work together. Would hate to think I have to yank my boys and go exclusive too! lol
 Grovespark
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2009 3:47:48 AM reply with quote send message to Grovespark Object to Post

I didn't think we had a problem in the breed with exclusivity of studs. I am sure that some people just don't put them up though a polite email to the kennel requesting the use of a male should result in a mating as I find the players we have to be decent and fair. The only reason I can see for people not allowing their males at public stud is when they are frightened of competition. Yet, is that not what the game is about.
My males were also used last week. As this is not one of the most popular breeds we need to allow access to males in order that we do not lose colours or quality. Otherwise how can we go forward as a breed.
I too remember there being a lack of males available a few years ago but is the past not the past and do we not learn from past mistakes others made which had a deterimental impact upon the breed and its popularity
 Langold
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2009 2:17:15 PM reply with quote send message to Langold Object to Post

Thank you
 Vajrayana
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2009 11:18:11 AM reply with quote send message to Vajrayana Object to Post

I recently FHed all my males, but that was because they were... less than decent quality. Before that they were available for anyone who wanted to use them.

And what's with all the studs on approval? It's probably just me, but I find it really inconvenient. I know you guys are worried about COI, but this seems like unnecessary micro-managing.
 Norbu
Basic User

Basic User
9/16/2009 3:35:20 PM reply with quote send message to Norbu Object to Post

I made almost $1000 in stud fees in a single week. when my studs were all listed at $50. That is why I put mine on Approval only.

A reasonable reason not to post a stud at all is that he is showing heavily. I have one of those currently, and I pulled him down just until I'm done showing him. He'll get posted for stud when he's done happy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing