Basic User
4/14/2009 1:27:05 AM reply with quote send message to Wondai Object to Post

cool, thanks jeff!!!
Kelly
 Ironnstone
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2016 10:52:45 AM reply with quote send message to Ironnstone Object to Post

I have been raising Griffs for over 40 years, specializing in Black and Tans. There were almost none to be had in the early days except to import them. They seem to carry most of the variant colors including the blues and blue and tans. I have kept MANY blues over the years and have much experience with the color. I can say with all honesty that aside from being hairless like a Crested, I have had NO HEALTH ISSUES WITH THEM. Just the same as a regular colored Griff.

Also after having MANY litters of Black and Tan x Black and Tan crosses I have never produced a Belge from the cross....never. So how is it a recessive to Black and Tan? I get lots with red to Black and Tan.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
3/5/2016 6:40:11 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

posted by Ironnstone

Also after having MANY litters of Black and Tan x Black and Tan crosses I have never produced a Belge from the cross....never. So how is it a recessive to Black and Tan? I get lots with red to Black and Tan.

It isn't recessive, and it should work exactly the way you've outline-

Red is AyAy
Belge is Ayat
B&T is atat.

B&T to B&T should never produce anything but B&T.

Red X Red should only produce Red

Red x B&T should produce only Belge
 lauraacton2911
Basic User

Basic User
2/14/2020 7:24:22 AM reply with quote send message to lauraacton2911 Object to Post

Discover facts and personality traits about the Black and Tan Coonhound dog breed. Visit us: https://animals.net/black-and-tan-coonhound/

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.