Search

.com Forum · Finnish Spitz

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Majors
 bubbasands
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/25/2008 9:19:32 AM reply with quote send message to bubbasands Object to Post   

I have just entered my first Finnish Spitz in shows. From the numbers I am seeing, it looks like little to no shows qualify as majors. How are other breeders achieving their majors needed to finish a dog?
 Amberine
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2008 11:54:40 AM reply with quote send message to Amberine Object to Post

It isn't easy. Just lack of kennels in this breed hurts a lot. I'm trying to constantly have at least a few puppies for sale and hopefully lure more players into this breed. If nothing is on the sales board, it scares potential players away. Maybe this will work and we'll get more competition going. I have a bitch almost ready to start showing and will enter her soon.
 bubbasands
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2008 3:29:40 PM reply with quote send message to bubbasands Object to Post

Thanks.
I agree having dogs available for sale helps. Once I have a couple decent litters on the ground I will try to do the same. I'm not into show stacking, but right now that looks like the only way to get a major.
I am very impressed with how helpful people in this breed are. Hopefully we can attract more breeders that way also.
 Jaylee Hill
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2008 4:58:47 PM reply with quote send message to Jaylee Hill Object to Post

yeah i just started this breed and it was made a lot easier by the fact lots of Finnish Spitz breeders are helping out others. our breed seems to be a lot more consistant than other dog breeds. oh and thanks so much Amberine! you were such a great help. i bought several of your dogs because i love them, and you helped me start breeding so much. bubbasand, you are also a great breeder, i look forward to buying puppies from you. we need dedicated breeders like you two. if you want to buy puppies, either of you, feel free to e-mail or just offer on them. for you guys, $100 for any puppy.

JHill Borders & Spitzs

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.