Search

.com Forum · Finnish Spitz

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Looking to join this breed
 Trio Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/16/2007 9:08:47 PM reply with quote send message to Trio Kennel Object to Post   

i read on a recent forum post that there arent a lot of breeders in this breed. Im looking for a breed to put in this kennel that at least has breeders willing to sell puppies or other animals.

i have GWPs in my other premi kennel ( Trail Dog Kennel ).

the SOPs here seem to be slightly higher than them. The breed fits the standards for what i like working with. Ive been with GWPs since 2004 ( i took a break for a year at some point ) and have come back strong with them. i love working with them and originally picked them because they were the lowest on the breed list when i joined the game. i think they were 154.

feel free to email me or reply here, i look forward to working with you guys!

-Trio!
 Amberine
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2007 10:31:10 AM reply with quote send message to Amberine Object to Post

Well, it IS really quiet in this breed. There are 11 ranked kennels. Seven are basic, with only four premium. Of those premiums, two have just ONE adult Spitz in them. That leaves me and one other premium kennel as the "big" ones right now. I haven't even been in this breed all that long, just a few months. When I joined, two major kennels were leaving.

I looked at the sales list and the only stock that is not starter or starter-bred is from my kennel. I try to always have a decent selection available in case anyone is interested in buying. I have several bitches of breeding age as well as a few younger bitches and a couple males. Plus I have some litters coming along, due to settle in four days. Any of the dogs I have for sale are finishable. You could probably finish 87% or even a bit lower if it's properly sessioned and well handled. I think the highest SOP is 92--I just had a puppy settle at that level.

Despite the lack of players, I sell a decent amount of dogs. Mostly to basics, who sometimes drop out of the game pretty quickly, but you can't know for sure who will and won't be committed.

Dogs often finish without being fully sessioned. I definitely advise using a handler, though.

You could get a good start with a few of the dogs I have for sale, if you still want to try this breed.

Trio Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2007 11:10:10 PM reply with quote send message to Trio Kennel Object to Post

Thanks!

i just offered on a few animals. i'd love to help out a breed in need of kennels and breeders. ill definitely be looking at your pups when they settle. if i forget, throw me an email. its been pretty hectic here lately.

-Trio!
 Jaylee Hill
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2008 10:19:25 AM reply with quote send message to Jaylee Hill Object to Post

Yes all my puppies as well are $100 each, no matter sire, dam, or quality. they are priced differently for gender, but i sell all puppies for $100 to certain players and all basics. such as Amberine and Bubbasands. as long as you stay dedicated, which im sure you will, Trio, i will do the same for you. happy :)

ps> anybody who asks can get this discount! happy :) (you must play for at least a week if you are basic, but, i make exceptions if you have another subscribed kennel.)

happy :) happy :) JHill Borders & Spitzs happy :) happy :)
 bubbasands
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2008 10:25:49 AM reply with quote send message to bubbasands Object to Post

Welcome Trio!
I am also new to this breed, so only have one litter settled so far. I don't currently have any stock for sale. But, hopefully, will in the next week. Feel free to ask any questions and I will gladly help whenever possible.
I think this is my 7th breed amongst my kennels. I have found this to be the friendliest breed I have been in.
Welcome again, we look forward to having another breeder in this great breed.

Wendy
 Rhontti
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2008 3:30:29 PM reply with quote send message to Rhontti Object to Post

This kennel, but not me, is also new to the breed. I had an extra account on my family and didn't know what to put in here... until I saw finnish spitzes in the bottom of the difficulty list. I used to have finkies in another kennel, where I bred them under the prefix Shamaanin (and Unikon) and I will use the same prefix in this kennel.
 Kiska
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2008 1:36:57 PM reply with quote send message to Kiska Object to Post

I joined this breed a couple weeks ago. My intention was to get some source bitches and start a new line in combination with old pedigrees that already exist.

Unfortunatly, when I got the source dogs they were all ridiculous. I used this kennel and another one and got SEVEN source dogs. Not ONE of them had stats that would help the breed. I needed 20s where the breed is low and I just did not get anything like that.

I got one that was close and kept something from that but I doubt if it will be of much help. I have two options for source dogs left in another kennel but I am very reluctant to try again.

If anyone else has source dog options left in their kennel and want to use them then sell them to me, I am looking for sources (preferably bitches, but males will work too) that have very high stats in forequarter, hindquarter, gait, TNB and feet. The other stats can be either high or low, it does not matter.

Other than that, I do have a young dog that is a 94 sop and I am sessioning that dog right now. I don't expect much from a 94 but I want to get something in the ring.

suz
 Amberine
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2008 4:37:00 PM reply with quote send message to Amberine Object to Post

posted by Kiska
I needed 20s where the breed is low and I just did not get anything like that.

Other than that, I do have a young dog that is a 94 sop and I am sessioning that dog right now. I don't expect much from a 94 but I want to get something in the ring.

Why would you want stats of 20 in a source dog? I don't understand. That would just pass on really high numbers for generations in that area. An 11 or a 12 in an area that is typically low in this breed would be a lot more helpful because it would not make numbers swing as wildly high as a 20 would. But I don't think source breeding is necessary to improve traits. They will do that gradually with breeding the dogs we have now.

A 94 SOP dog is a very nice number! There are not many 94 dogs out there.
 Kiska
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2008 8:55:01 PM reply with quote send message to Kiska Object to Post

LOL, just doing what I've had success with in other breeds. Plus when you get a source dog these days it comes with 20s and 01s. When trying to increase a stat, its best to have a dog very high in that area and low in the areas where the breed is solid.

Its hard to explain. But this is what I'm doing in malamutes and I'm getting closer to my goal without losing the stats I set out to gain. You have to keep those stats high and gradually bring them down, while gradually bringing up the others. Its a balancing act.

Guess you'll just have to wait and see along with me. Each breed is different. It may not work in Finkies. Well, I may never know since I can't find decent source dogs in this breed.

suz

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.