Search

.com Forum · Bedlington Terrier

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Hello and show Q
 pikanatrix
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/23/2007 2:07:11 AM reply with quote send message to pikanatrix Object to Post   

Hello to all my fellow Bedlie lovers! I'm relatively new to SD, but I'm figuring things out quickly and having a great time.

My question concerns my first good bitch:
www.showdog.com/Users/dog_info.aspx?id=5184193
(Thanks GOFAR kennels!!!)

As you can see, she is very nice. We've only got another three shows due to her age, but she has been doing well in the short time that I've had her - she now has 14 points and two majors. I just noticed that the three upcoming shows are all one bitch short of a major! So I entered a subpar bitch that I am keeping for obedience, just to bump up the numbers. Since I didn't tie up a handler with the second bitch, is this wrong in anyone's opinion? I would not ordinarily do this, but we only have three more tries to finish (and she'll be my first champion!)

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

-Pikanatrix
 GOFAR
Basic User

Basic User
8/23/2007 8:38:43 PM reply with quote send message to GOFAR Object to Post

Hi and welcome. You are doing a great job with your girl and I am glad that you are enjoying her.

In answer to your guestion, no there is nothing wrong in adding a subpar dog in the show to make a major. Many kennels only enter their own dogs in shows where they are the only entries, that is their choice. The only time I get frustrated is if they enter all their dogs and then take all the handlers (especially when the dogs are not sessioned). But that is only my opinion and is not against the rules. Good luck with her.

Sandra
 pikanatrix
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2007 3:33:56 AM reply with quote send message to pikanatrix Object to Post

She finished! She finished! She finished!!!!!!! laugh :D

- a very happy Pikanatrix
 Stache
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2007 4:39:59 PM reply with quote send message to Stache Object to Post

She finished.. congratulations... way to go, and welcome aboard!!!

Dreamydogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2007 10:10:50 PM reply with quote send message to Dreamydogs Object to Post

Congrat on the Finish!!!! Nice to see someone new to Beddies! Welcome!

Chantell

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.