Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Move COI and Color on breeding page
 Lilliput
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/6/2013 6:23:13 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post   

I just went to try my first breeding, and I think someone else has mentioned this already and I agree-

The COI and color where they are right now make the page a lot harder to use. I'd much rather have them off to the side, or similar to the old layout. This way, it is hard to just run your eye down the list and pick up high or low COI values because it's broken up between the trait rows

It's also very difficult to run your eye up and down the trait rows to eyeball decent matches, because the trait rows are broken up by the COI/color info.

This current layout just make the feature harder to use.

As an aside, i don't seem to be able to breed from the old layout. I know it will be phased out eventually, but was hoping to use it to get around this briefly. Whenever I click on the other kennel I want that houses the stud I need though, it switches me over to the new layout instead.
 Circle A Havanese
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2013 4:47:40 AM reply with quote send message to Circle A Havanese Object to Post

posted by Lilliput
I just went to try my first breeding, and I think someone else has mentioned this already and I agree-

The COI and color where they are right now make the page a lot harder to use. I'd much rather have them off to the side, or similar to the old layout. This way, it is hard to just run your eye down the list and pick up high or low COI values because it's broken up between the trait rows

It's also very difficult to run your eye up and down the trait rows to eyeball decent matches, because the trait rows are broken up by the COI/color info.

This current layout just make the feature harder to use.

I have to agree with the placement of COI and colors being hard to use.
It is not very user friendly. Could it please be changed ?
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/12/2013 5:52:48 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I definitely agree. I wasted more than $150 on a stud that I realized was too high COI once it was too late...with the COI placed where it is, my eyes glazed right over it. The placement on the old layout was much better!
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2013 9:27:53 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Yep - great suggestion - thank you! This one is really annoying!
 Just Dandy
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2013 2:33:21 PM reply with quote send message to Just Dandy Object to Post

I just tried a batch of breedings for the second time on the new format page, and I have to agree with the posts above - talk about slowing things down. With the COI and colours in line with the stats I find it very disruptive when I'm trying to compare stats. Keeping track of the COI is tougher because my eye just glazes over it as I have to concentrate so much more to match stats. The old format flows so much better.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/16/2013 2:40:27 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

How would you guys like the layout of that page changed?
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2013 4:55:58 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

If you could layout it out like it was in the old layout- with the COI and color to the left hand side in their own slots, I think that would be most ideal.

The two-row layout (one for the traits and one for color and coi) just makes it really hard to scan the list to see how traits line up, or to quickly see the coi either.

If its too big for the new layout- what about adding an option to turn the colors on or off like on the main kennel pages? I imagine some people don't really look at color anyway, and then it would be there for those of us who do want it.
 Circle A Havanese
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2013 4:06:44 AM reply with quote send message to Circle A Havanese Object to Post

I agree that the one on the old layout page is much easier to navigate.
It is user friendly and not confusing.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2013 10:50:33 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

Bump up to priority happy :) I've been breeding poorly uuugh

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.