Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Polar Bear Cam - Tundra Buggy
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/24/2013 9:03:33 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post   

Very resource intensive - takes a while to load.

www.cbc.ca/manitoba/features/polar-bears/

for the wildlife enthusiasts

Shutterfox
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2013 7:08:10 AM reply with quote send message to Shutterfox Object to Post

I really enjoyed this! They're so beautiful happy :)

Thank you for sharing!
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/25/2013 2:02:57 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

You're welcome.

Last night when I went there for my first time it looked like they had a loop (it would have been dark in Churchill I think) of a single bear. It was really quite fun to see. The bear was playing with twigs and branches. They'd get caught by the wind and he'd pounce after them. He even tried to wrestle off a long branch from a nearby bush.

At the moment there are two buggies, probably three 'cause I think the cam is mounted in one. You can't see very much, it's mostly just blowing snow. It's much the same here in Winnipeg (somewhat further south) just not so much snow and not quite as cold - yet (lol).
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/28/2013 2:02:43 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If you enjoyed the PB Cam, you might also enjoy this related piece:

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/storm-a-comin-as-winnipeg-zoo-introduces-new-polar-bear-1.2444016

(Lol - Please do not read the "bad" stuff news on the side!)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.