Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Can't seem to Q??
 Phlossy
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/3/2015 9:16:38 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post   

Hi, all! I've been (almost literally) ripping my hair out trying to get my English Toy's first Q. For anything. He is consistently NQ'ing on Heel on Leash, despite having a training score of 19 in that section?? I can't figure out why this dog is getting nowhere. Maybe you call can help. Here are his training scores:

Show Obedience: 20
Condition: 20
Muscle Tone: 20
Coat Condition: 20

Heel on Leash: 19
Figure Eight: 12
Heel Free: 19
Recall: 19
Long Sit: 19
Long Down: 19

Drop on Recall: 8
Retrieve on Flat: 7
Retrieve over High Jump: 7
Broad Jump: 7
Signal Exercise: 6
Scent Discrimination: 6

Directed Retrieve: 5
Moving SFE: 19
Directed Jumping: 5

From what I understand he should have no problem getting his CD?? Why is he not Q'ing on Heel on Leash?? I'm so confused. ;;
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 12:27:26 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

If those figures are correct then he won't qualify UNLESS you get Figure 8 up to 18(possibly 17 but I think 18) - he'll then get Novice Qualifiers next 3 shows.

NB Remember Figure 8 is a 'heel on lead' exercise so a low score in one element affects your Q in that element. Good luck.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 12:33:54 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Once you have F8 up to 18 your next sessions should be on

Drop on Recall
Retrieve on Flat
Retrieve over High Jump

If you get these up to 18's you'll Q in Open easily and you'll get your CDX.

I wouldn't session last five elements any more until you've covered the above 3 exercises.
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2015 1:42:45 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

Yes! Okay! Thank you! That gives me an answer. I've been so frustrated. Thank you so so so so much.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.