Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Not getting any novice Qs with 19 and 20s
 Bestbritts
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/4/2015 4:56:09 AM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post   

I started obedience and was titling dogs with all 19s. Now I can't get a qualifying score at all with dogs who have 19 and 20s, is there a bug or something and foes anyone else have this problem at the moment?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 10:30:17 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I can Q with 18's. Send me links to dogs you can't Q with, I'll have a look.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 10:33:31 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Don't forget you Q with lower numbers (ie 18's) if your dog is show obedience trained to 20.
 Bestbritts
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 6:12:24 PM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post

Thanks. Here is one www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13863274 , has 20 for hol and long sit, everything else is 19. He has NQ 10 times, usually stand for exam. Maybe I should try show training and see if it helps, show training is 5 but it was around 19 for the dogs I titled in obedience earlier
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/4/2015 6:33:46 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Not an expert but doesn't Show Obedience have to be 20?
 Bestbritts
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 4:49:01 AM reply with quote send message to Bestbritts Object to Post

I didn't realise that show obedience was counted, time to work on it
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 1:14:46 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Show obedience IS necessary for Qualifying - If you get show obedience to 20 whilst sessioning/training obedience exercises and wait until it is 20 and all CD exercises are 18 BEFORE entering your dogs WILL Q CD within 5 shows (first 2 shows are gaining experience so very unusual to Q first or second time out). Good Luck.

ps NQ Stand for Exam IS due to low show obedience, nothing else.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/5/2015 1:17:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I have no idea if Muscle tone counts towards obedience - I would have thought it might. All my obedience dogs are sessioned to 20 obedience/condition/muscle/coat because they are shown conformation too.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.