Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Possibly Looking For A New Breed
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/22/2015 12:00:10 AM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post   

I haven't found a breed that makes me want to really dedicate myself to them yet. I have even having fun with Buhunds but not enough. Same with Aussies.

Looking for a breed that's not "too competitive" but still gets regular group placements. Show placements would be a huge plus.

Friendly breeders with studs not over priced.

Breeders who are willing to loan out some broodies to get me started and have a male and bitch puppy that is specials quality. A bitch puppy that could get its grand would be a plus.

Not too high on SOP, I'd like to be able to see improvements.

I've already tried Otterhounds, Kerry Blues and Smooth Fox Terriers. Already emailed to try and get some GWPs.

MudBugs
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 12:28:18 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Keeshonds meet all your qualifications. Come on over to our thread if you like and we'll hook you up to get ya started.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 1:43:53 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Tibetan Terriers sound like they would fit your needs! I'm just starting out but the two breeders I've chatted with are super nice! happy :) Plus they get BIS! wink ;)
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 8:36:37 AM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post

Asked for more info on the Kees.

Ive looked into Tibetans but dont think they are for me right now.

MudBugs
 Alibi
Basic User

Basic User
7/22/2015 9:36:44 AM reply with quote send message to Alibi Object to Post

Come check out collies and Shelties!
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2015 9:46:07 AM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

I second Alibi's suggestion! Collies are just the right amount of competitive and do get regular group placements. Breeders are friendly and there are usually nice pups for sale.
 MudBug Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/24/2015 8:48:34 AM reply with quote send message to MudBug Kennels Object to Post

What is the average SOP for Collies and what is the high?

Any more suggestions?

MudBugs
 Blue Moon Collies
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2015 1:28:08 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Moon Collies Object to Post

I just bred a 94.5 and a 94.6 and it looks like new pups are ranging from 94.2 - 94.7. Alibi and Image Bostons always have nice pups and 94.2 and up are finishable. My top dog right now is 94.35 and he is getting a decent amount of group wins.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.