Search

.com Forum · Polish Lowland Sheepdog

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Source Breeding Project
 Aniron
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2016 11:58:30 PM reply with quote send message to Aniron Object to Post   

Hi fellow PON breeders *waves*. I decided to begin source breeding PONs because I thought there might be a need for new bloodlines later on down the road. I figured I'd keep track of my progress here.

I'm starting out with 3 males because somewhere in the back of my head I remember reading something about not having to worry much about COI when you begin with 3 studs. I also have 8 total females to start out with. This is usually higher than what most source projects start out at, but I'm a bit paranoid about COI.

I'm not even going to worry about color at this point. There are just too many colors out there for this breed. It's mind boggling. I figured I'd just breed my source dogs and see what colors I end up with over time.

I figured that I'd just start out by breeding each stud to all of my girls and see what I end up with. I bred my first male to 7 of my females. This is what I call the first wave of my project. My first litters are due to arrive on July 7th. I know they are not going to be very good and I'm cringing just thinking about how low their SOPs are going to be. I am excited to finally be starting my very own source project though. I really hope I can be disciplined enough to stick with it.

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.