Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : I am Honestly Impressed!
 Ph.D.
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/19/2005 5:07:58 PM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post   

Impressed that all of you are able to learn two languages! I'm having trouble just trying to learn Spanish, I once thought I would like to become a linguist because I am so facinated by language, but I'm just finding to to hard...
Anyways, you guys are all great! happy :)

-Jaden
 Dazzle.Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2005 5:10:24 PM reply with quote send message to Dazzle.Dogs Object to Post

I know spanishhappy :)
lol i kinda learned when we went to spain. Its hard yes indeed it islaugh :D
Sarahwink ;)
 Boksu
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
10/20/2005 5:01:23 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

Well... Learning two languages isn't that bad.. I actually speak also Swedish, Norwegian, German and French... laugh :D (plus Finnish and English of course) Most Finnish people speak at least 3 languages (Finnish, Swedish and English or some other big European language, German or French for example). Both Swedish and Finnish are official languages here, so we have to study both at school.
 Ph.D.
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2005 10:44:41 AM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post

You really are lucky! laugh :D See, all I know is English, and a little bit of spanish... lol I think the only way I'll ever be able to learn another language will be with totall immersion.... wink ;)

-Jaden
 Dazzle.Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2005 9:20:01 PM reply with quote send message to Dazzle.Dogs Object to Post

lol...its lucky in a way..but learning spanish took me a while..still i am not a prohappy :)
I can understand very well..but speaking it is not my best featurelaugh :D
Zig
 Boksu
Basic User
Forum Moderator

10/21/2005 3:45:39 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

Speaking seems to be the hardest part of the foreign language for everyone... lol I think I write English a lot better than I speak. I understand all the languages better than I speak them... lol
 laviha
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2005 9:40:37 AM reply with quote send message to laviha Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I know how you feel Ph. , I can read spanish, german, and some polish. But I am horrible at speaking. Norwiegian I should know but I'm not very good. My dad hardly ever speaks it any more. French is such a nightmare to try and learn! It is so hard! My friend can speak it. I can read some norwegian though. I read the most beautiful Poem in norwiegian. It was about World War II and how no one goes to war to die they go for the honor and it made me cry so much. I like english. its germanic so us english speakers can pretty much understand scandinavians and romance speakers!

*edited for spelling*
 laviha
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2005 9:42:25 AM reply with quote send message to laviha Object to Post

oops! I didn't realize this was the Finnish Forum
d'oh!
Lavi~
*Will find name of poem*
 Boksu
Basic User
Forum Moderator

10/26/2005 10:00:01 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

We have some talk going in English too. Everyone is welcome to speak English on this forum (if they have something nice to say. We do not want to know how stubid Finnish sounds like.) happy :)
 Worckaholicaz
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2005 1:42:59 PM reply with quote send message to Worckaholicaz Object to Post

Now I just need to brag.. I can speak Finnish, Swedish (not too well wink ;)), German, English and some Estonic (or what that their language is in English?). LOL
Well, okay. My English could be better, I can introduce myself in German and Swedish. Maybe I really don't have any reason to brag on.. laugh :D

But everyone is welcome to this forum, if you're nice to us. We Finnish people have sharp tooth. wink ;)
 Ph.D.
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2005 3:38:16 PM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post

I don't care what language you speak (although, speaking multiple languages is really awsome) you're all the same to me. No one likes being teased about their culture/language ect. and it's something I'd never do. happy :)

-Jaden
 Boksu
Basic User
Forum Moderator

10/28/2005 8:33:39 AM reply with quote send message to Boksu Object to Post

That was meant for everyone reading that post. Or visiting our forum. Unfortunately there are people who would do that (and have done that too). I didn't think you would do that, you would have said it in the first post. happy :)
 Worckaholicaz
Basic User

Basic User
10/28/2005 8:56:44 AM reply with quote send message to Worckaholicaz Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yup, Boksu is right. happy :)

But hey, have you ever heard spoken Finnish?

Sometimes I have some probles with prepositions, 'cos we don't have those in Finnish. I never remember where put in, at or on. Or something else (in other germanic languages). laugh :D
 Future Border Collie Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2005 1:58:53 PM reply with quote send message to Future Border Collie Kennels Object to Post

user wiped their message
 eenil
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2005 2:14:26 PM reply with quote send message to eenil Object to Post

i know spanish. some of my asian friends speak low and cambodian. i think it is so awesome!!!!
 ChihuahuasNmore
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2005 2:27:25 PM reply with quote send message to ChihuahuasNmore Object to Post

user wiped their message
 Brindle Terrier Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/9/2005 4:14:37 PM reply with quote send message to Brindle Terrier Kennels Object to Post

I am acctually trying to learn Finnish and Spanish at the same time. I love languages and I hope to get better. I have just started learning Finnish.

Larci
 Worckaholicaz
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2005 1:43:18 AM reply with quote send message to Worckaholicaz Object to Post

Larci: Really? O_o Wow, now I'm impressed. laugh :D I mean, I never would have thouhgt that someone would really want to learn Finnish. wink ;)
 Ph.D.
Basic User

Basic User
12/10/2005 2:10:15 AM reply with quote send message to Ph.D. Object to Post

Why not? I would love to learn every language I possibly can! But I'm having such a terrible time trying... lol... once (and if) I finish Spanish, I want to learn Norweigan and then branch off from that to the similar languages. German and Russian too... laugh :D

-Jaden
 abc123Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2006 6:18:06 PM reply with quote send message to abc123Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 8 time(s)

user wiped their message
 abc123Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/2/2006 6:19:00 PM reply with quote send message to abc123Kennels Object to Post

I was just being a dipstick...being me in other words.

Replies in this thread : 25
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.