Search

.com Forum · Terrier Breeds

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Showing
 Nijinsky Misha
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/11/2017 7:55:08 AM reply with quote send message to Nijinsky Misha Object to Post   

Hello everyone, new to this forum but also new to showing. I started to show my miniature bull terrier, we are doing well, but what surprised me is the over weight dogs. We went to championships show, the dog that has won our class was obese. Shouldn't showing be about the general condition of dog? My dog is a working dog, all day out on farm with the horses, he's muscular and it appeared it is going against us. Am trying to fatten him up but with active dog we not doing terribley well. Any thoits would be appreciated
 ESAN
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2017 8:40:41 AM reply with quote send message to ESAN Object to Post

Hi there! You do realise this is a game and not real showdogs we're talking about happy :) But to answer your question Bull Terriers have a body type that might appear as though they're overweight when they're really not, you have to put your hand on the dog to be sure. Unless your dog is in poor condition you don't have to fatten him up, it may just be his conformation. Or you may want try showing him under different judges, each judge has his own type preference.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.