.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : USA/CANADA?????
 Puppylover_001
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/23/2006 6:47:17 PM reply with quote send message to Puppylover_001 Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

is there a diff? I know that ovesies (sp?) stuff like money and laws. But we speak the same lan. Right u Canaidians please tell me.
 Burning Proof
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2006 6:50:23 PM reply with quote send message to Burning Proof Object to Post

posted by Puppylover_001
is there a diff?
Straight off the bat, I'd like to tell you that they can be are two very different countries. i need not say more, cause this thread is an arguement waiting to happen.
 foxy_cleopatra_
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2006 1:47:52 PM reply with quote send message to foxy_cleopatra_ Object to Post

haha too true...
 Liberty Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2006 1:54:08 PM reply with quote send message to Liberty Hills Object to Post

Lol I agree
 Puppylover_001
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2006 2:28:55 PM reply with quote send message to Puppylover_001 Object to Post

sad :(
 Liberty Hills
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2006 2:34:04 PM reply with quote send message to Liberty Hills Object to Post

Puppylover it's nothing against you it's just that this thread will probably be locked anyways.

there is a difference though. I think it's different culture and stuff.
 Puppylover_001
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2006 3:23:12 PM reply with quote send message to Puppylover_001 Object to Post

ok, thanks.
 SuperSams
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
6/16/2006 12:53:30 AM reply with quote send message to SuperSams Object to Post

As long as there is no nasty stuff and no arguing, the thread won't be locked. There really shouldn't be - Americans and Canadians are very much alike, even though some may not like to admit it! happy :)

I have dual citizenship - both American and Canadian and have homes in both countries. Language is mostly the same in both countries (although Canada is officially bilingual English/French) - accents differ depending on where you travel in both countries. Money looks different - Canadian money is prettier (colors) and although worth slightly less, it's been making up ground over the last year or so and is up to around 90 cents to the US dollar now (was around 65 cents not long ago!).

Some things are different - type of government (and let's not get into a discussion of the war or Bush-bashing or Harper bashing please). Canada has a parliamentary style government.

But really customs are very similar and the people are very similar. Dog shows are similar although the point system is a bit different and registering dogs with AKC or CKC is a bit different too. But for the most part showing is the same - classes are judged in the same way, same classes. Obedience is slightly different but still quite similar. If you train a dog in the US, you can pretty well come to Canada and get an obedience title too, with little extra training, and vice versa. Same with most of the events.

We have some different holidays, and some the same. There are lots of good things about both countries and not much that is bad about either, in my opinion. We're lucky to live in North America and have such good neighbors. Crossing the border will get a little harder soon when we need to have passports or special id cards after next year, but really they've been stricter at the border since 2001 anyway.

I don't know if this answers your question or not, Puppylover. Did you have any specific questions? Where do you live?
 Burning Proof
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 4:37:25 PM reply with quote send message to Burning Proof Object to Post

posted by SuperSams
...Bush-bashing...
LOL
 Gift Of A Thistle Pyrenees
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 4:47:28 PM reply with quote send message to Gift Of A Thistle Pyrenees Object to Post

"Bush Bashing" -- definition; the rough and unnecessarily harsh treatment of non-flowering shrubs. laugh :D

LOL, too bad you said NOT to get into the bush bashing though, dangit... thats a subject I could really get going on. laugh :D

JD

Hermeston
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 5:37:51 PM reply with quote send message to Hermeston Object to Post

...and here I thought the proper term was Bushwhacking.
 Burning Proof
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 6:04:14 PM reply with quote send message to Burning Proof Object to Post

P.S. - I am indeed American. I have no right to insult any country's leader, except my own. Of course, I wasn't talking about my country's leader, I was talking about the term "bush-bashing", and yes, they are different to me. wink ;)
 Gift Of A Thistle Pyrenees
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 6:44:54 PM reply with quote send message to Gift Of A Thistle Pyrenees Object to Post

posted by Hermeston
...and here I thought the proper term was Bushwhacking.
laugh :D
 han_6642122
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2006 6:45:15 PM reply with quote send message to han_6642122 Object to Post

I don't think that there is a big diff at all
(exept for the names) LOL
 Ashfield Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/21/2006 1:10:48 PM reply with quote send message to Ashfield Kennels Object to Post

I agree. There isn't that much of a difference, although I know a lot of canadians (me being one of them) would hate to admit to being anything like the states.
 AshGrove
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2006 12:17:04 PM reply with quote send message to AshGrove Object to Post

There are two other small differences. Canadians use British english spelling ie: Color American, Colour British/Canadian.

The other is Canada uses the metric system and America uses Imperial.

happy :)
 5 Golden Acres
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2006 9:58:11 PM reply with quote send message to 5 Golden Acres Object to Post

CANADA ROX

even tho I'm from the US.
 5 Golden Acres
Basic User

Basic User
11/1/2006 11:33:07 PM reply with quote send message to 5 Golden Acres Object to Post

posted by Gift Of A Thistle Pyrenees
"Bush Bashing" -- definition; the rough and unnecessarily harsh treatment of non-flowering shrubs. laugh :D

LOL, too bad you said NOT to get into the bush bashing though, dangit... thats a subject I could really get going on. laugh :D

JD

OH ya me to.
 Tapestrie Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2006 4:34:01 PM reply with quote send message to Tapestrie Kennel Object to Post

posted by Ashfield Kennels
I agree. There isn't that much of a difference, although I know a lot of canadians (me being one of them) would hate to admit to being anything like the states.
Can I ask why please? I am from Michigan, and maybe it is because I am in close proximity to Canada, but I think it is a great country and great people. Why is it that Canadiens don't want to be like the U.S.? This is an honest question, and perhaps not very bright, but oh well!

Erin
 lol kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2006 2:26:35 PM reply with quote send message to lol kennel Object to Post

puppylover001.I don`t like that this is for talk about SD.I`m from U.S. But canandian 1 of 7.I think that`s rudee.**pressed red X**
 lol kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/28/2006 2:27:47 PM reply with quote send message to lol kennel Object to Post

english and freach in Cannada.

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.