Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Starter Dogs
 MoonageDaydreamer
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/12/2023 8:21:26 PM reply with quote send message to MoonageDaydreamer Object to Post   

Hi there i just joined. I was trying to get the starter dogs but i’m not able to switch between sexes. I’m not sure what i’m doing wrong. Someone from a Discord i’m in is having the same issue.
 FlyingHigh Champions
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/12/2023 11:38:36 PM reply with quote send message to FlyingHigh Champions Object to Post

Welcome!

The truth is that you are probably better off checking the "for sale" lists than getting starters.

Unless it is a breed that has become "extinct" or nearly so, there will be much better dogs to get started with in the sales.

What breed/breeds are you interested in?
 MoonageDaydreamer
Basic User

Basic User
10/14/2023 2:11:17 AM reply with quote send message to MoonageDaydreamer Object to Post

Australian Shepherds and Standard Poodles
 Landreth Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/15/2024 4:20:12 PM reply with quote send message to Landreth Kennels Object to Post

Hi Everyone:

I just joined and i am trying to figure out a couple of things.

I would like to use starter dogs, I know dumb idea, and go mostly into obedience for now until I can get some good results with my bottom dwelling little darlinshappy :)

1.) Do I need to start them off with high quality food? (original adults)
2.) Once I have my first litter or two, should I go find me a good stud and outcross the starter pups and then be able to use their offsprings to breed back to the 2nd gen starters?
3.) What can I do with the excess I dont want anymore and if I have to put them into the retirement couch am i still needing to feed them.
4.) Since Obedience doesn't require perfect specimens, is it possible to be able to win the titles once the pups are old enough?
5.) The 5 sessions I have now as a basic..is that for each dog or just for the whole pile.

Thanks

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.