Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Source Breeding Question
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/2/2014 5:44:24 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

When bringing in new blood, how many different lines should I start with? There is only one other active breeder, that I have seen. Can't watch Canaans disappear.
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/2/2014 5:55:41 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

Can't answer your question but found these dogs (bitches and studs) if you haven't already...

www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=Fawx

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11708967
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11839775
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 9:24:21 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Thank you. Not sure why they aren't in the stud dog page. I had not seen them.
 swale
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 10:24:46 PM reply with quote send message to swale Object to Post

Dogs from long-inactive kennels aren't listed. Plenty more are available if you look for them, though.
 Campbell Love
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 10:59:50 PM reply with quote send message to Campbell Love Object to Post

How do you find them? I'm in the canaan breed and I'm mostly just doing my own thing bc I haven't been able to find much in the way of higher sop dogs for stud or sale?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2014 12:00:07 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I typed in Canaan in the search box and found one kennel that has Canaans. Maybe going through pedigrees will help? I made a post in the Canaan forum, so we can start posting links to studs and kennels as we find them. happy :)
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/3/2014 9:01:37 AM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

Yes, check pedigrees. I just went through past Top Dogs for kennels.
 Campbell Love
Basic User

Basic User
8/3/2014 10:03:42 PM reply with quote send message to Campbell Love Object to Post

Awesome! I will try that. It's nice to know that there are active players in the breed happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.