Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Why was this win not a major?
 Kilohana Kennels
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
4/16/2015 1:45:15 PM reply with quote send message to Kilohana Kennels Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Mirage%20Classic%20All%20Breed%2012&breed=Mastiff

Maybe I am missing something....but my class bitch went Best Opposite over a Special....there were 3 class bitches and it takes 4 for a major. So why did my bitch not get a major?
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 3:35:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Your Schedule of Points says for a 3 point major, you need to place over four bitches, not three.
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/16/2015 4:07:15 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

In my opinion, that should be a major since there was a total entry of 4 bitches...
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/16/2015 5:05:24 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

Hm, yes, I forgot you count yourself for the class, always seemed redundant.
Did the schedule change for your breed this month? Maybe the system didn't catch up?
 Kilohana Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/16/2015 10:21:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kilohana Kennels Object to Post

Yep, the current point schedule shows that it takes 4 bitches for a major. You count all of the bitches entered, including yourself, so there were 4 including the bitch special. Since she defeated the special, it should be a major, I think....

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class