Search

.com Forum · Azawakh

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Azawakh Breeder Introductions
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/19/2015 9:23:29 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post   

Hey all happy :)

I thought it would be nice to have a thread in our breed forum where all the current and new breeders can introduce themselves. We seem to have a few new kennels or family accounts that are active in the breed which is great. I'm also always hoping to get new players to join our awesome breed too happy :)

Feel free to post anything you'd like, or you could also use this form too: happy :)

Kennel name:
Where does your Kennel Name come from?
Other Premium/Family kennels:
How long have you been in the breed?
How long have you been playing ShowDog?
Which country do you hail from?
What projects are you working on in Azawakhs?
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL?

Hope we all have fun getting to know each other happy :) Especially since we're all working on improving the same breed happy :)
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 9:28:46 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I'll start happy :)

Kennel name: Chaos and Havoc
Where does your Kennel Name come from? I love the idea of the name and it also reminds me of two of my pet rats that have sadly passed away but still the memories of them always make me laugh. One of them was called 'Chaos' and her name never truly suited her as she was actually the calmest of the bunch! The other was name 'Kamikaze' and she used to cause the most 'havoc' out of the whole lot! :P

Other Premium/Family kennels: I have a family account plus a basic.

Dalkeith (Finishing Kennel)
Ariege (Anatolians)
Northern Lightz (Anatolians)
Quileute Legends (CMDs)
Rijbakluva (basic)

How long have you been in the breed? I used to be in the breed many years ago but recently re-joined in January 2014.

How long have you been playing ShowDog? 9 years happy :)

Which country do you hail from? Australia happy :)

What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? In Azawakhs I am mainly focusing on breeding higher SOPs, trying to breed out the 'crappier' traits, showing lots, and Im also working on 9.8 in the Head trait happy :)

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? In RL I share my heart with two Rhodesian Ridgebacks who are the absolute love of my life happy :)

Nelis
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2015 3:08:30 AM reply with quote send message to Nelis Object to Post

Kennel name:Nelis
Where does your Kennel Name come from? from what used to be my standard kennel Canellis that was shared with Golden Retrievers (who have stayed in that kennel)
Other Premium/Family kennels: Cellarbrook (Dobermanns), Canellis (Golden Retrievers), Larbro (GBGVs) and Newscot (Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrieveers
How long have you been in the breed? I forget lol
How long have you been playing ShowDog? since 2006
Which country do you hail from? Australia
What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? balancing stats in order to strengthen them and ultimately raise the SOP
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? I show and breed German Shorthaired Pointers. My 2nd litter is due next month- just had it confirmed by ultrasound today. I grew up showing dogs and my parents, grandparents and great grandparents also did. My other great love in Labrador Retrievers and I recently obtained Grand Champion (1000pts) status with a French import I handle.
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2015 4:55:52 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by AdvoKat on 5/23/2015 10:41:59 PM
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2015 10:50:41 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

Here I am super late because BUSY

Kennel name: Advokat
Where does your Kennel Name come from? My favourite horse in the whole world happy :) an 18 year old ex racehorse. He's the best grouchy old man.

Other Premium/Family kennels: Not right now. I'm thinking about adding another in the future though. In the past thoguh I have had kennels with Australian Cattle Dogs and Bouviers

How long have you been in the breed? Almost a year!!

How long have you been playing ShowDog? Since highschool. 2004 or 2005 I think

Which country do you hail from? West coast of Canada

What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? right now a higher SOP in general, with smaller goals of 9.5s in coat, and gait. Also 9.8s in head.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? Kat and one tropical community fishtank.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2015 7:45:53 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Bump happy :)
 Redwood Foxhounds
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/1/2015 8:29:00 PM reply with quote send message to Redwood Foxhounds Object to Post

Kennel name: Redwoods
Where does your Kennel Name come from? My real life kennel name. Of course after the majestic Redwood trees.
Other Premium/Family kennels: Redwood Hounds (Engligh Foxhounds since 2006 - newly added Dalmatians)
How long have you been in the breed? Month or two?
How long have you been playing ShowDog? Since 2006, took a small hiatus for about 9 months.
Which country do you hail from? USA - California
What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? Not sure yet happy :) Making a few Champions
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? I breed, own, train and hunt Treeing Walker Coonhounds, I also obtained a few cats over the years, rescues, and I have a flock of chickens for eggs.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2015 8:18:12 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Wow - Treeing Walker Coonhounds sound awesome! We don't have anything like that here in Australia,

Would love to see pics! happy :)

-----
Last edited by Chaos and Havoc on 8/15/2015 9:37:55 PM
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 9:37:42 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
9/22/2015 7:18:24 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Bump happy :)
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/11/2016 7:16:38 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Bumping this thread as we have some new breeders on board happy :)

Please feel free to post on here! happy :)
 Amadror
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 11:36:25 AM reply with quote send message to Amadror Object to Post

Kennel name: Amadror

Where does your Kennel Name come from? A region in Northern Africa -> geographics connected to the origins of the breed and simply a beautiful word

- Strange Fellows (Whippet)
- Eremitage (Borzoi)
- Società Eccentrica (IG)
- Legacy League (PP)

How long have you been in the breed? Three months now

How long have you been playing ShowDog? Same

What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? FQ/HQ; stabilizing head & coat traits

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? Two Whippets; we also used to have a Podenco Canario.

Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 5:23:06 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Wow the Podenco Canario look so similar to Pharaoh Hounds! They are stunning! happy :)
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/15/2016 5:29:47 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Thought I'd do an updated post for me:

Kennel name: Chaos and Havoc

Where does your Kennel Name come from? Named in memory of one of my beautiful rats Chaos happy :) (I also had another gorgeous girl called Kamikaze whose nickname was Havoc as she was so hilariously crazy!) :P

Dalkeith
Ariege
Northern Lightz
Quileute Legends
Rijbakluva
Beautiful Obsession
Edge of Tomorrow
Inglenook
Into Thin Air
King of Foxes
Komorebi
No Added Sugar
Return to Sender
Valley of Dreams

How long have you been in the breed? Since January 2014.

How long have you been playing ShowDog? Over 10 years happy :)

Which country do you hail from? Australia.

What projects are you working on in Azawakhs? I've taken a bit of a step back in Azawakhs lately as I don't have as much time to show - but I'm still working on Head & Coat as my main project.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? 2 x very beautiful and amazing Rhodesian Ridgebacks who are my life happy :) happy :) happy :)
 Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 3:10:13 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post

Kennel name:

Desert Nomad Dogs

Where does your Kennel Name come from?:

Other player suggestion

There are 10 other kennels that I have at the moment. One of them being Azawakh Inc.

How long have you been in the breed?:

About 9 years off and on-Mostly off.

How long have you been playing ShowDog?:

Same as above.

Which country do you hail from?:

America-Oklahoma

What projects are you working on in Azawakhs?:

Feet at the moment!

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL?:

A cat and 3 Chinese Cresteds

I just recently rejoined Showdog after a long layoff due to health and real life things.

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.