Search

.com Forum · American Foxhound

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Colors
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/6/2015 8:51:17 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post   

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in adding new colors to the breed. If you read the AKC standard, any color is acceptable, but we are lacking in the true variety of colors that this breed can produce in RL. The colors I would like to see added are:

Lemon/White
Red/White
Hare piebald
Grizzle Tricolor
Ticked Tricolor
Lemon/White ticked
Red/White ticked
White
Faded Tricolor (starts off as a normal tricolor, then fades to tan and white with age, VERY common color in this breed)

Any other suggestions or even if this is a good idea?

Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/6/2015 4:43:07 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I'm a bit on the fence with this.

I'm not sure how this would be received since Picardy has already done the pics for the breed.

On the other hand adding new colors might have a slim chance of attracting new players.

I guess it boils down to I'm nether for or against.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 8:19:10 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

I understand where you are coming from. It would make things more interesting and draw new people in to start color breeding projects. I know that it would be more coding work as well.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class