Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Question on Breeding Goals
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/1/2016 2:57:35 PM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post   

I want to make sure I understand the goals properly. I will use my GSD puppy as the example. www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14564320

According to the chart, Gait is 20 and Head is 15. They are the two most important aspects, correct?

Looking at Callie, I see she has a 10 in both of those items. Based on what I read, 10 is right on the mark, correct?
Being higher or lower ie: 9.8 and 10.2 is further from the goal of 10, correct?

Being new I just need to know what the goals are when breeding. I assume it is trying to balance all these aspects so the puppy you get is 10 across the board, correct?

Thanks for help and a better understanding.
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 3:12:01 PM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

You've got it right.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 4:59:10 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

You've got it! Your next goal would be to get FQ, HQ, and TNB to 10s as well because these are the next most important traits.
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 5:06:35 PM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post

Yeah me!!! LOL

Thanks so much for the input!
 Steph
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 6:13:46 PM reply with quote send message to Steph Object to Post

I personally ignore tens and just breed for overall dark blues. Most breeds will have strong numbers in the highly important traits since thats what most breeders have focused on.

I find when I breed for blue... those important traits are the fastest ones to improve anyways regardless if I focus on them.

Will
 Zeal and Tenacity
Basic User

Basic User
1/23/2016 12:12:44 AM reply with quote send message to Zeal and Tenacity Object to Post

Thank you for asking this question and for everyone else answering. It was really helpful. I had been wonding what was up with the scale of point numbers. Before, I thought it was contradicting what the help files was saying, to breed for those numbers rather then tens, which hardly made any sense because everyone else's dogs were close to 10 rather then the scale of point numbers. Thanks again, a cup of clarity hit the spot.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing