Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Favorite grooming products for Double Coats!
 Gallant
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/22/2017 1:04:22 PM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post   

Our Akita Nationals is coming up in like 9 days! (wooo!!) I have a extremely naked 8 month old puppy who I need to make look voluminous as possible! Currently my show bath is:

1st wash- random shampoo to just remove dirt and extra oil
2nd wash- Chris Christensen Day 2 Day Oatmeal shampoo
3rd wash- Crown Royal biovite 3 on body and CC whitening shampoo on whites.

Then force dry.

Day of show-
Wet down, clean up privates and anywhere else that could have gotten dirty. Cholesterol and Chalk so it can sit or a little. Then mist body with bodifier and brush through. Add mousse to rear and neck, Dry everything up. Brush out chalk. & VIOLA

Any changes you would make to this- or products you would recommend? I just purchased the Pure Paws Amplify shampoo to try, but needing products to use the day of show to get leg coat up and body coat.
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
9/24/2017 6:52:25 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I've had a lot of success with Christensen's Bottoms Up volumizer spray. I used it to put a ton of volume into a tibetan spaniel's pants most recently, and was pretty pleased with it. It's also like, $7 for the tiny concentrate bottle (mix it with bottled water), so it's cheap to try.
 Gallant
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2017 8:18:40 AM reply with quote send message to Gallant Object to Post

That sounds perfect!
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2017 5:45:58 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Chris Christensen Thick N Thicker mousse and spray are both good for volume. I use them on Kerry Blue furnishings. Puppy legs always look naked and these do a great job giving the illusion of full furnishings.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.