Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Golden Retriever Picture
 GaylanStudio2
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/26/2019 6:27:14 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio2 Object to Post   

So, I was curious - someone has a Golden for sale that says it's dark golden but doesn't look like a dark golden. So I don't have any Goldens but I experimented with my English Cockers:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16947249
and
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=16951285

I used the "ChangePicture" link and replace the URL in the first EC with the URL from the Golden breed page where it shows all 3 shades using the darkest. I replaced the URL on the 2nd cocker with that of the bigger image that heads the Golden page - it has more "shades" than any of the smaller images.

I do need to change these back to EC's but will leave them for 24 hours or so to illustrate. I'm not sure if anyone has observed this before or if you Golden folks care but here is a "fix" for this problem.
 Legendary Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2019 10:30:39 PM reply with quote send message to Legendary Dogs Object to Post

By any chance will something like that work for saints? It'd be cool if they could get new pictures of the or most of the other breeds have....
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/29/2019 4:19:25 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm not sure if this answers your question but the ability to change the picture - ie put custom pictures in that spot - has long been available.

There are some restrictions, most importantly that your are not infringing on any copyrights. You must own the copyright or get permission from the owner to use the picture. Copyright violation is a big deal.

Secondly, the picture must be hosted on the internet somewhere so that you can get enter the URL into the replace picture feature.

There are I think some size limitations, or there were, but I'm not sure about that part.

Lastly, as I remember the picture must be appropriate. This means that my EC's do not have appropriate picture at this moment, so I need to change them back to ECs.
 Rossett Spaniels
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/29/2019 7:47:18 PM reply with quote send message to Rossett Spaniels Object to Post

Several years ago, I got Jeff to change the American Cocker image to my friends show cocker, with her permission of course. She used to play this game.
So, the Buff Cocker that is seen from time to time is Ch Justices You Light Up My Life aka Tazer.
I loved that girl.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class