.com Forum · General

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Cypher Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 2:28:36 PM reply with quote send message to Cypher Kennels Object to Post

I started to re-enter some of my dogs, but on some of the older ones, it keeps saying that dog's already in the database, although they don't show up as being a dog I saved, and I can't seem to find them on the site... They are lost to the world of cyberspace? I can't figure out what happened to them, and I can't edit them to make sure all their numbers are correct. Hopefully they are microchipped and will be found?

Lindsey
 Cleary Farm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 2:36:37 PM reply with quote send message to Cleary Farm Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Cypher Kennels
I started to re-enter some of my dogs, but on some of the older ones, it keeps saying that dog's already in the database, although they don't show up as being a dog I saved, and I can't seem to find them on the site... They are lost to the world of cyberspace? I can't figure out what happened to them, and I can't edit them to make sure all their numbers are correct. Hopefully they are microchipped and will be found?

Lindsey

lol! like the microchipped Idea!
Mette - I am so sorry....
Lauren

PS. edited because I spelt my name wrong....
 Impressively Loved
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 3:14:12 PM reply with quote send message to Impressively Loved Object to Post

Question Mette- Will every dog that was saved previously be back, or should we start entering? I would prefer not to try to enter a whole bunch of dogs if possible, but I understand your predicaments.

Impress
 dragonsong
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 3:16:32 PM reply with quote send message to dragonsong Object to Post

first guys, this is NOT a tragedy, it's a setback, no one died

I guess I'll just start putting my keepers on again and see how it works that way, I hope others do as well as that is often how I find my stud dogs
 bodyfarmbrat
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 3:50:56 PM reply with quote send message to bodyfarmbrat Object to Post

possibley the parents you added for other dogsare the ones the site is sayingarealready i nthe data base?
you can go back and edit the parents.
slowly but surely adding my dogs...good thing i dont haveso many champs yet!
lol.
gonna haveto hunt down my one kick as weimie that i bred though...he must be added!
 Royal Palm Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 6:04:09 PM reply with quote send message to Royal Palm Kennels Object to Post

Hey does anyone know if we need to enter back in the dogs that were lost? I didn't want to start this if not necessary.
 Heartland KNU Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2006 6:15:29 PM reply with quote send message to Heartland KNU Kennels Object to Post

I am, but I only have 10 or so dogs. I'm also entering the parents and grandparents.

KNU
 Skipwall
Basic User

Basic User
10/4/2006 4:18:26 AM reply with quote send message to Skipwall Object to Post

posted by Cypher Kennels

Lindsey

Someone else might have saved them, which means that they'll not show up in your list of dogs that you have saved, but they are still in the database.

Parents are only saved (with just the name - no stats) if they are not in the database already, so that should not be a problem.

Also, I'm afraid this is the final version of the database that I will upload. Let me know if you have a Excel file or something similar with several dogs on it. I might be able to upload them all at once.

- Mette
www.skipwall.com <- new link for ShowCats
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2006 3:38:03 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Hi all I added all dogs in my kennel and to have their pedigree show I added Parents, grandparents and great grands... When one of a line came from those breeders who preveously had their pups on Skipwall I did not add in hopes the breeders would.
Just to make things interesting, I did add SOME of them. If we all chip in and add lines shouldnt be too bad.

After all we all use it to plan breedings, I for one an very pleased that shes going on the SC site too. Cant wait to do pedigrees there too.
 bodyfarmbrat
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2006 6:08:46 PM reply with quote send message to bodyfarmbrat Object to Post

i add parents and grandparents of others lines when i seethey havetn added them themselves.
but i am only adding my best dogs and champions this time around.
i might add my zero gen starters again for my own purposes....but there was a whole litter i added oncethat i havent the oomf to go hunt down again.
 B Collies Rock
Basic User

Basic User
10/5/2006 7:24:06 PM reply with quote send message to B Collies Rock Object to Post

Good luck and best wishes. Hopefully you will get the siteworking again soon.
 Tollers N Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/6/2006 8:56:56 PM reply with quote send message to Tollers N Terriers Object to Post

How are people able to add their dogs to the site? All I can see is a blank page. Is it just me?
 The Lupercal
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2006 9:53:25 PM reply with quote send message to The Lupercal Object to Post

hit refresh?
 Tollers N Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2006 7:13:17 AM reply with quote send message to Tollers N Terriers Object to Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just tried and thar doesn't work either. I still just get a blank screen.
 harvey ned
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2007 7:11:06 AM reply with quote send message to harvey ned Object to Post

Sorry it went down, I hope it fully restores. All the time you spent on it, but your EXTREMELY lucky you had back up!
 harvey ned
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2007 7:12:42 AM reply with quote send message to harvey ned Object to Post

posted by Cypher Kennels

Lindsey

LoL that's my name also!!
 LoupGarou
Basic User
Forum Moderator

Basic User Forum Moderator
7/9/2007 8:00:22 AM reply with quote send message to LoupGarou Object to Post

Bumping extremely old posts such as this one is not appropriate behavior. Please refrain from doing so again.

This thread is now closed

Replies in this thread : 57
Page : 1 2 3
<< prev page next page >>

Thread Closed

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.