Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Glitch: Showdog WC Entries
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/29/2020 10:53:58 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

Jeff-

Last month's SDWC winner was shown in Feb's SDWC. The system is supposed to pull previous SDWC BIS Winners from future World Cups.

I just wanted to let you know the system did not do it for this month.

Personally, I am ok with this and think the best dog should win. Congrats to RA's boy for winning BOB again!

https://www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=17063495

Will
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/29/2020 7:55:14 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, I was surprised by this - had to look it up to check.

You are correct, Will. The GS in question only took the breed this time, BiS last month. I don't know if that is a factor in the calculations that make the decisions - it is not apparent in the description.

I agree - I think this rule should be rescinded. I don't suppose it happens that often but winning even 4 times (it would likely have aged out by then) would only make the dog 4 or 5 years which is not that old in real life. If it's still the best dog, so be it.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.