Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Obedience show
 Grinn Houndsmen Association
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/18/2023 4:49:10 AM reply with quote send message to Grinn Houndsmen Association Object to Post   

do these shows actualy run just i entered my dogs into a showq today but got no results yet and are wondering if its worth my money training dogs for this type of show and adding shows
 Dreisaiah Hundehutte
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2023 8:17:40 AM reply with quote send message to Dreisaiah Hundehutte Object to Post

In my opinion, obedience is a tiny part of this game. It's an option but the real focus of the game is conformation showing.

They do work and run, but fully obedience training your dog (all the tricks) takes a lot time and money and the resale value of an OB dog isn't significantly higher than a regular show quality dog.

It kinda seems like obedience was an afterthought in this game but some people still do it and find it to be fun. It's something you can do with retired dogs to add extra titles if you want, though most people don't.

Have you read all the help files with regard to obedience and showing? They really help with having success in the game.

I haven't done OB in a while but I remember it taking a bit of time to train the dog up enough for it to not get a disqualifying score and taking hundreds of sessions to get fully trained (the obedience tricks, not the show obedience).
 SiberianKennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2023 8:32:53 AM reply with quote send message to SiberianKennel Object to Post

Go to your dogs page, click show results on the top right. Then click the obedience heading and you should be able to see the results.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The sit for exam is a modified version of the Stand for Exam. It is generally used in novice level classes and requires the handler to order the dog to sit and then to move away from the dog the length of the leash. The judge will then approach the dog and pet the dog's head.