Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 27
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Silver Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/1/2009 1:18:41 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Wind Kennels Object to Post

We had tons of snow and ice because it was -15 here in Scotland. LoL! Beat ya by 2 degrees! Lol! Most roads were blocked too. Lol! Brittish are pretty famouse for this line:

"In hard times or times of need make a brew."

Lol! I don't know if you've heard that yet. razz :p

~Silver~
 Wayward Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2009 4:50:00 AM reply with quote send message to Wayward Kennels Object to Post

posted by Silver Wind Kennels
Yes you'll find that with Britain. Lol!^^

Britain is in the Northern Hemisphere and we are kind of in the middle of the Northern Hemisphere if you get what I mean and therefor we have very varied climate and weather. The likes of Spain and France are in the Southern Hemisphere and they have warmer weather and it is like that most if not all the time there because they are at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere if you see what I mean.

~Silver~

Yeah except we have the gulf stream which results in a much milder climate than people of equivalent latitudes.

With regards to mail...... we have to have a box on our perimeter, much the same as they had when I was in the US. We have ours because the postman will not drive up the track and into the farmyard (and many farms are the same). Other people will put a box outside their gates if they live in a big house and want security gates etc.
 Kliazma
Basic User

Basic User
2/6/2009 2:50:29 PM reply with quote send message to Kliazma Object to Post

We've had lotttts of snow

I'm fed up of it now!
 Colour Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2009 9:22:18 AM reply with quote send message to Colour Kennels Object to Post

I live in the Midlands of the UK (Sheffield, near Yorkshire) - our coldest temperature this winter was about -11 (I think) and the warmest so far has been 14 or 15. wink ;)
 AeroDogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2009 6:01:26 PM reply with quote send message to AeroDogs Object to Post

I REALLY want to go to England...
My aunt went there and I begged to go with her but my parents wouldn't let me. Im the only person in my family who has never been outside USA.
Do people still have afternoon tea in Britan ( Don't know if I spelled that correctly)?
 Topazia
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2009 5:31:10 AM reply with quote send message to Topazia Object to Post

posted by Silver Wind Kennels
I go to a caravan park near Lake Windermear in Cumbraya and the shopping down there is just fab. I love to shop. If shopping were a sport in the Olyimpics I would defo bring home a Gold medal! Lol! laugh :D

~Silver~

:O No way i have been to a caravan park by lake windermere!!!! do you know what its called?

Nicky
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2009 5:31:30 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

posted by AeroDogs
Do people still have afternoon tea in Britan ( Don't know if I spelled that correctly)?

Ive never known any one to have it and im 22.

Replies in this thread : 27
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.