.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 20

Author Topic : Account Reset
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
7/29/2010 9:52:13 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

We’re adding an account reset option for users who have been with us for a long time but have an account that cannot be turned around. In order to take advantage of this, please e-mail us via the “Contact Us” link and we will approve kennels on a case by case basis. Once we get through the initial wave of requests and see how it works, there will be a way to do it directly from your kennel page.

We will not make exceptions for ANY of the requirements (other than mentioned at the end of this thread) and any requests to do so will not be responded to. This WILL NOT be expanded to make it easier to take advantage of, it is already much more wide open than we feel comfortable with.

Eligibility Requirements

1) Must have been a premium user at least six-months ago
2) Cannot have bred any dogs in the past six-months
3) Cannot have shown any dogs in the past six-months
4) Must be a premium user right now
5) Cannot have sold any dogs in the past month

What Happens

1) Balance will be reset to $2,500
2) Get a new set of starter dogs
3) Reclaim list will be reset
4) Nothing you did before the reset will count toward your prestige, including site seniority
5) Everything in your account will be forever homed

There is only one exception that will be made and that is for the users who came back as a result of the “come back” e-mail that was sent out to former users a month ago. However, if you sell any dogs between now and when you request it, you will not be eligible.
 Jumping Beans
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2010 12:14:34 PM reply with quote send message to Jumping Beans Object to Post

Brilliant! Thanks for this happy :)

Jump
 steffiebaby140
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2010 12:18:44 PM reply with quote send message to steffiebaby140 Object to Post

This is an excellent idea. And I think those requirements are very reasonable, hopefully this will entice some people back.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2010 2:19:16 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

I like it, I like it alot!

I'm not going to take advantage of it, even though I came back as a result of one of those "come back, we missed you" emails 2 months ago, just because of all the work I've put in between then and now. However, I may have to quit again soon (am expecting my first child and dont know how much time I'll have for SD when it gets here..) and knowing this is an option will certainly make me alot more willing to come back in the future when I have the time, knowing I wont start out disadvantaged because I wanted my old kennel name back.

Thank you Jeff. happy :) It's also great to see that user suggestions can help improve things for everyone!
 TikiZowees
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2010 8:43:04 AM reply with quote send message to TikiZowees Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by admin
There is only one exception that will be made and that is for the users who came back as a result of the “come back” e-mail that was sent out to former users a month ago. However, if you sell any dogs between now and when you request it, you will not be eligible.

What is that exception? We get to loose all our work since we returned! Why bother?
 Baobab Ridge
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2010 10:00:42 AM reply with quote send message to Baobab Ridge Object to Post

You are not *required* to use the reset option.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/31/2010 10:34:32 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

TikiZowees, the exception is that you can take advantage of it even though you've shown/bred in the past six-months.

Yes, there are both pros and cons to this.
 Skyfeather
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2010 11:09:48 AM reply with quote send message to Skyfeather Object to Post

I think this option will encourage a few more players to come back and stick with the game. Can they reset on all of there family accounts if they left came back and followed the above mentioned Eligibility Requirements?

Gypsy Wind Kennels- trust me during those sleepless nights when baby is keeping you up, you will need SD to keep you sane. I came back to SD last year towards the end of my 3rd pregnancy and frequent here alot thanks to my miracle preemies refusing to let me sleep.

Mama Sky
 TikiZowees
Basic User

Basic User
7/31/2010 11:57:01 AM reply with quote send message to TikiZowees Object to Post

posted by admin
TikiZowees, the exception is that you can take advantage of it even though you've shown/bred in the past six-months.

Yes, there are both pros and cons to this.

This is not an incentive for those that have returned already to stay. The way I look at it ... I get to loose almost 2 months of premium ... that's real $ not SD and all the work/time I put in it since coming back. It's not worth it!

I do hope it works for you to get others to return! It is a good idea and I would have probably continued with the game if this was offered when I came back.
 Figs Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2010 6:32:39 PM reply with quote send message to Figs Dreams Object to Post

What if you finish a dog then sell it and say 6 months later decided to reset it or whatever. What would the dog that got finished say who finished him. Then if you check out their champions finished it will all be gone. So who would be credited?

Great idea though!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2010 9:11:14 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

posted by Figs Dreams
What if you finish a dog then sell it and say 6 months later decided to reset it or whatever. What would the dog that got finished say who finished him. Then if you check out their champions finished it will all be gone. So who would be credited?

Great idea though!

it will still say it was finished by that kennel.
i had princepompaid reset and it still lists all the champs bred and finished but they just dont count towards its prestiege.
www.showdog.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=princepompaid
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2010 9:20:29 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

PP, thanks for letting us see that. I also like the "reset on" date as well.
 Silver Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 11:49:52 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Wind Kennels Object to Post

This sounds like a brilliant idea but I'm not totally sure I understand it. Jeff can you please explain it to me. I'm as thick as two planks of wood so... Can someone help? Do you just mean you can totally reset your account or what exactly do you mean? And what sort of user would use this option? I've read the whole thread so far and don't fully understand it.

Thanks for adding this feature though Jeff. wink ;)

Anna <333
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 3:26:16 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

posted by Silver Wind Kennels
This sounds like a brilliant idea but I'm not totally sure I understand it. Jeff can you please explain it to me. I'm as thick as two planks of wood so... Can someone help? Do you just mean you can totally reset your account or what exactly do you mean? And what sort of user would use this option? I've read the whole thread so far and don't fully understand it.

Thanks for adding this feature though Jeff. wink ;)

Anna <333

I believe it means that if your kennel(s) meet the eligibility requirements then you can contact admin who will reset your account to how it was when you first started the game. $2500 in cash, no dogs, no prestige etc. But your champions bred and finished and dogs you once had will still show up under champions bred, just not go towards your prestige. When you reset, all of the dogs in your kennel are fhed I believe.

Correct me if Im wrong.

Pendrosia
 Silver Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 4:18:33 PM reply with quote send message to Silver Wind Kennels Object to Post

Okay. I kind of understand a bit better now but I still don't know what kind of kennel would use this kind of thing. Lol!

Anna <333
 Pendrosia
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 4:28:43 PM reply with quote send message to Pendrosia Object to Post

Well maybe a person who has a premium kennel, but due to RL doesnt come back for 6 months or so, but has paid for a standard subscription for that time already (1 year). Then comes back with a messed up kennel and wants to start over?

Pendrosia
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2010 5:09:44 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Okay. I kind of understand a bit better now but I still don't know what kind of kennel would use this kind of thing. Lol!

Anna <333

i used it in another kennel, got the comeback email so decieded to open it again, but it had no money in so i subcrobed it and set it to salery to let the money build up but still didnt have anywere near $2500 so asked jeff to reset it so i could start the game properly.
 Kindred Heart
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2010 6:59:47 AM reply with quote send message to Kindred Heart Object to Post

Anna <333

Essentially, it is for someone that wants to start over in the game as if they opened a new account without losing their old kennel name.
 Silver Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2010 8:44:40 AM reply with quote send message to Silver Wind Kennels Object to Post

Okay. Thanks guys. I get it now. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anna <333
 Pampered_Pets
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2010 6:22:29 PM reply with quote send message to Pampered_Pets Object to Post

how long does it take? I put in for a acc reset.
 Pampered_Pets
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2010 9:27:16 PM reply with quote send message to Pampered_Pets Object to Post

thank you

Replies in this thread : 20

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler