Search

.com Forum · German Spitz

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Genotypes/Phenotypes
 Benchmark Showdogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/17/2010 10:46:57 PM reply with quote send message to Benchmark Showdogs Object to Post   

This is my very very rough first draft, and I am sure its not entirely clear. Hopefully there are no mistakes. I wanted to get this up at least, but if you have any questions or if it just makes things more confusing. There are 6 gene sets we worry about. A B C D E S If there is only one set of letters in the parenthesis then you know what your dog has in that set, for example all browns are going to be bb in the B section. Blacks are going to be either BB or Bb so if you want to keep track, you at least you know your black dogs are B something. I just put B* in my call names, until I have puppies and can start getting an idea what they have.

A Locus
AA clear color
Aay clear carries sable
Aaw clear carries sable
Aat clear carries tan
ayay sable (can be masked)
away sable (can be masked)
atay sable carries tan (can be masked)
awaw sable (can be masked)
ataw sable carries tan (can be masked)
atat tan points (can be masked)

B Locus

BB Black
Bb black carries brown
bb brown

C Locus (need to research this further)

CC full pigmentation
Ccch carries chinchilla
Cce
cchcch chinchilla
cchce
cece

D Locus (affects black and brown)

DD full pigmentation
Dd pigmented, carries dilute
dd dilute (black turns blue, brown turns Isabella)

E Locus

EE full pigmentation
Ee full, carrying blocker
ee blocks black and brown pigmentation

S Locus

SS solid
Ss solid carries parti
spsp parti

So my strings look like this fir now, I didn't want to type out every single genotype. You can see those in the other link. But in the first example you can see you won't know what A allele a dog will have until you breed him, but you know he has to have at least one B. If he ever has a brown puppy you know he's Bb. Same for D's and E's. You know he has to have at least 1 D and E. The rest you can fill in after litters. It gets easier with numerous generations.

Black
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat)(BB/Bb)(CC/Ccch/
Cce/cchcch/cchce)(DD/Dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/
Ssp)

Brown
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat)(bb)(CC/Ccch/Cce/cchcch/cchce)(DD/Dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/Ssp)

White
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat/ayay/away/atay/awaw/ataw/atat)(BB/Bb/bb)(cece)(DD/Dd/dd)(EE/Ee/ee)(SS/Ssp)

Cream
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat/ayay/atay/
awaw/ataw/atat)(BB/Bb/bb)(CC/Ccch/Cce/cchcch/cchce)(dd)(EE/Ee/ee)(SS/Ssp)

Blue
(AA/Aay/Aay/Aat)(BB/Bb)(CC/Ccch/
Cce/chhchh/cchce)(dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/Ssp)

Orange
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat/ayay/away/atay/awaw/ataw/atat)(BB/Bb)(CC/Ccch/Cce/chhchh/cchce)(DD/Dd)(ee)(SS/Ssp)

Isabella
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat)(bb)(CC/Ccch/Cce/chhchh/cchce)(dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/Ssp)

Brown Pigmented Cream
(AA/Aay/Aaw/Aat/ayay/away/atay/awaw/ataw/atat)(bb)(CC/Cchh/Cce/chhchh/chhce)(DD/Dd)(ee)(SS/Ssp)

Any color that is parti will have (spsp) even whites but it's masked

Brown sable
Same color string but (ayay/atay)

Orange sable

Cream sable
Same color string but (ayay/away/atay/awaw/ataw)

Blue sable

Wolf sable
(away/awaw/ataw)(BB/Bb/bb)(cchcch)(DD/Dd/dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/Ssp)

Dilute brown sable
(ayay/atay)(bb)(CC/Cchh/Cce/cchcch/cchce)(dd)(EE/Ee)(SS/Ssp)

Tan points affect black/ brown/Isabella/blue. Other colors can carry it but it will be masked
(atat)

I hope this is somewhat helpful, let me know what I can do to clarify it
 Golden Grace
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2010 11:18:23 PM reply with quote send message to Golden Grace Object to Post

Thanks for making geberish into a language that we can learn! LOL! Off to try to code my dogs...

Gracie
 Benchmark Showdogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2010 11:30:55 PM reply with quote send message to Benchmark Showdogs Object to Post

Yay! Let me know if you need help, or use my dogs as templates. They have their generic unfinished types on there right now, though some got too long and arent showing the whole thing.
 Mythic Legend
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2010 7:45:33 AM reply with quote send message to Mythic Legend Object to Post

Wow, Benchmark, fabulous work. I'm going to go code my dogs and then bug you with questions wink ;)
 Shoal Creek
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2010 8:23:06 AM reply with quote send message to Shoal Creek Object to Post

This is very good Benchmark, thanks!!!
 Benchmark Showdogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/18/2010 6:33:31 PM reply with quote send message to Benchmark Showdogs Object to Post

I didn't really explain this part and it might be confusing. Whatever is in parenthesis are the possible combinations for that color. Sometimes you know what your dog is, like a blue is always dd but sometimes you won't know until you breed and have puppies to figure out what recessives the parents have. That's why my dogs all have * in their strings
 Kizora
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2012 5:45:11 PM reply with quote send message to Kizora Object to Post

/Bump
 Kizora
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2013 10:19:44 PM reply with quote send message to Kizora Object to Post

Bumping!
 Aussiewolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/29/2020 4:42:40 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolf Object to Post

Bumping

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.