Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Missing Links
 Lilliput
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/18/2013 8:17:16 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post   

Since the old layout is shutting down at the ned of the month, I think it might be important to make an inventory of links that are still missing, and find a way to get them back up?

Pages I know of that seems ot have no in-game links under the new layout-

The page about Family subscriptions (several players have had trouble finding this)

The pages for recent session prices and salary for the past few weeks (something that is vital to some strategy in the game)

Can we get those linked in the new layout somewhere Jff, or tell us where to find them?

And perhaps as people notice missing links, they can post them here so we don't lose them when the old layout goes down.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2013 8:22:47 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

The specific pages are these- I tried typing in their addresses for the new site, but it appears they just haven't been moved over-

old.showdog.com/tools/salary_information.aspx

old.showdog.com/tools/session_information.aspx

old.showdog.com/subscriptions/custom_rates.aspx

old.showdog.com/rarebreedaccounts/signupform.aspx
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2013 8:24:19 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

It would also be helpful to be able to link to the subscription info pages while logged in, I check them from time to time when it's time to renew or I'm considering opening another etc. Right now I have to log out of my kennels in order to find the link on subscription info
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2013 8:33:41 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I really miss the page where you could search past shows. I liked to go back and look at past breed specialties and SD World Cups.

I haven't been able to find that page on the new layout.
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2013 11:06:27 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

bump
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/20/2013 11:12:45 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I can't find the GCH points rankings anymore either. I always liked seeing that as well.

It appears to exist in the new layout, but I can't figure out how to get to it in the game, it doesn't appear to link there from anywhere existing like say, the Top Dogs page.

old.showdog.com/shows/results/grand_champion_rankings.aspx
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/21/2013 12:00:11 AM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I also can't seem to find the Sim Tools page on the new layout...I should probably bookmark the SOP calculator, but haven't gotten around to it and keep going back to the old layout.
 Inspirational Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2013 12:16:46 PM reply with quote send message to Inspirational Kennels Object to Post

posted by Amoroso
I also can't seem to find the Sim Tools page on the new layout...I should probably bookmark the SOP calculator, but haven't gotten around to it and keep going back to the old layout.
There's a Sim Tools page at the very top left, but it only includes the Judges List and Handler Rankings :/
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2013 12:53:41 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

oh yes, Sim Tools - Search Dogs by Name ...

Arial Eve
Basic User

Basic User
8/21/2013 7:11:06 PM reply with quote send message to Arial Eve Object to Post

yep, sim tools - where are they?
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2013 3:19:29 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

bumping this up
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
8/24/2013 3:59:48 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I’ll go through these but most of them are already on the new site…

Recent session stats are on the bottom of the sessions page. Both have been $5 for as insanely long period of time now and it’s been merged into one single page so you don’t have to hop around.

Family subscriptions – there’s a link called “Manage” in the box that lists your family accounts.

Dog Search – You can do it from literally every single page of the site via the search box on the left.

I’ll put the link back up but what do we still need the SOP calculator for?

Subscriptions - the link is under Miscellaneous on your kennel page. I’ll add it to the block that has your current renewal/expiration date as well.
 Sussurro
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2013 4:38:50 PM reply with quote send message to Sussurro Object to Post

Jeff,
what about searching/viewing past show results; like past National Specialties, SDWC?

I had absolutely no clue that the search box was down there on the lower left and had even less of a clue that i could search for dogs by name using it.
That's a great addition!
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2013 6:00:24 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Took me awhile to find miscellaneous even once you told me it was thee. Could it be moved up over the admin topics box? The admin topics box is so long, that I had to scroll WAY down the page to even know i have a miscellaneous box.

Is it possible to get more than 5 days worth of session prices? The old site gave two weeks, which was helpful in seeing patterns and such, if/when if it ever changed (same for salary when you get that up)

I'd be ok with leaving 5 days on the current page, but making it clickable so you could get to a page with expanded data.

The subscriptions, I'm referring to the page with the rates for multiple family subscriptions. I *think* I found a link that should go to it on the subscription info page now, but it gives me an error message when I click it currently, so it's not directing to multiple family account rates at the moment.

And I think the SOP calculator is helpful for some folks, who maybe want to calculate an SOP on a dog IF that dog had say, a 20SS instead etc. I do that sometimes too (I have it bookmarked- but can see how others want that link back)
 Perdix
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2013 10:49:00 PM reply with quote send message to Perdix Object to Post

What about adding the time of transactions back onto the transaction feed? Knowing what time dogs are being fed etc can be valuable info for strategies- I know it isn't always exactly the same, but it helps to make educated guesses.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2013 12:30:27 AM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

For subscriptions, People have recently reported having a hard time finding the info on rare breed accounts as well. not sure if that made it into the new layout or not.

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.